1st time 3 years playing out

I had a great time sitting in with Shakey Lyman today. Thank you!
This was my first time playing out in 3 years. Having my grandson Ori there and seeing his ecstatic face made it extra special.
Here are the tunes.
Click on the 3 lines on the top right to access all 3 clips

6 Likes

Great performance @stevenlois1 :trophy:

2 Likes

Thank you💙

1 Like

Wow @stevenlois1,

Super cool to see you and hear you perform. I image during your 3 year hiatus you still kept your chops by playing or did you just prepare this show? In either case well done.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

James

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the compliment.
Yes, I have been playing constantly during the 3 years. I Had never played with Shakey Lyman before and nothing was prepared. He didn’t tell me what song he was going to do, just the key.
In fact, he Went into a totally different song Without notice,from Madison Blues to Smokestack Lightning.

I didn’t have my regular rig. He let me use his spare mic and amp.
I played my spare set of harps that I keep in my car consisting of stock Manjis.
Normally I play through a Kalamazoo model 1 with a bulletini microphone.
I play special twenties with solid brass combs from Blue Moon harmonicas.

3 Likes

@stevenlois1,

Impressive! I’m a beginner and really enjoy hearing not only the music that people play but the back stories too. It helps keeps things in perspective for me and keeps me motivated to keep trying to improve.

James

3 Likes

Just keep on playing, even if it’s only for a few minutes every day. The continuity will help you improve quicker

4 Likes

Hello @stevenlois1,
I already liked your game very much without the current knowledge in the background.

Now I know, that was pure improvisation! Different technology, different song, replacement set. Just great and that shows your professionalism!

I’m also excited to see when your little grandson will play with you.:relaxed:
As excited as he has been listening, it will be in the near future.

Have fun!

Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words Astrid.
I greatly appreciate it!

2 Likes