After 35 Years Of Not Playing...

Greetings all. Name is Robb… from western Mass. Despite what my profile might say, I have not been playing for 43 years. I started playing with my friends in '70… and it was god awful but fun. Started hanging out with some more musically inclined folks and the playing was getting better. Played out in bars a bit. Jammed a lot in college. But lost interest by the late 70’s.

What’s got me interested again is listening to some of those old college tapes that I was thinking of putting up on YouTube as part of a larger project dedicated to my old dorm at UMass.

Listening to those old tapes makes me want to play again… if ya know what I mean.

I know what ya mean. Just listening to a good Harp player (any really) makes me want to play and learn more. After listening to someone I almost feel like I can just jam right out, but then I realize I still need more practice! Haha! It’s ok. I look forward to the day everything flows freely without so much thought.

Howdy and a big welcome Robb!
Tapes of YOUR playing? Put 'em on us here at the forum.
We’d love to hear them.
What sort of tunes do you play, and what harmonicas do you have?

thebugleboy

[quote=“thebugleboy, post:3, topic:3719”]
Tapes of YOUR playing? Put 'em on us here at the forum.
We’d love to hear them.
What sort of tunes do you play, and what harmonicas do you have?
[/quote]Greetings again BB… like I said, I haven’t been actually playing in years if not decades. I still have my old relics from the early 70’s… when Marine Bands were $2.75 and Blues Harps were $3.25.

I did put that old college jam up at my site… link here:

http://www.harmonica.com/forums/harmonica-videos-and-audios/college-jam-1976-comments/msg11518/#msg11518

Don’t have any particular style that I know of. Never liked campfire songs and I’m was a bit too hyper for blues. Liked to play whatever came into my head and typically I tended to overplay, mixing rhythm and lead. Probably should have been playing some other instrument.