Amazing grace

Hi guys…

Can somebody help me how to play amazing grace in an easy way…I am just a beginner, and I have hard time with that song…

Thanks

Istvan

Here you go Istvan 2 simple easy versions I don’t know how long you’ve been playing but here’s a challenge for you,
record on your computer and post here.
How about that. Recording always helped me play better.

Free recording software at Audacity.com you can add reverb for effect and, you can even record it over a backing track,
just find a midi file of the song amazing grace all free on the internet and record and post here.

Let me know if I can help audacity is what I use to record, here’s my version.

http://www.box.net/shared/548ny71ifs

AMAZING GRACE

6 7 8 7 8 -8 7 -6 6
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

6 7 8 7 8 -8 9
That saved a__ wretch like me.

8 9 8 9 8 7 6 -6 7 7 -6 6
I once was lost but no-w am__ found,

6 7 8 7 8 -8 7
Was blind, but now I see.

ANOTHER VERSION:

3 4 5 4 5 -4 4 3 -2
A-maz-i-ng Grace! How sweet the sound!

3 4 5 4 5 -4 6
That saved a - wretch like me!

5 6 5 6 5 4 3 4 -4 3
I on-ce w-as lost, but now am found;

3 3 4 5 4 5 -4 4
W-as blind, b-ut now I see.

And let’s not forget about this place:

http://www.harptabs.com/

It’s easy to sign up; and there are at least a dozen or more versions of Amazing Grace on it! Happy hunting!

BTW Joe: I’m not recommending harptab.com anymore! :-[

Was once a great site, I believe built by JT-30; but just recently it was changed around, and somehow became contaminated or corrupted. :’(

It’s quite a loss for me, because I really liked it.

Ah well, so it goes. Laters, my friend!

OK with th S gotcha I knew one of them stunk but always got confused make sure you put the s on the end HarptabS.com

Maybe now I’ll remember.

Thanks I saw your response for bending and I checked into harpsurgery and I saw amazing grace by Terry Mcmillian with the tab…Its just been lately a month or so that I’ve been trying to play bent notes in certain tunes. I’ve seen that tab before but couldn’t do it.

I tryed it again and I’m doing ok with it now Its a pretty cool version

Harp on!!

Played in 12th position it is really easy and lovely. 5draw being the root note. I saw tabs somewhere?

My wholehearted apologies, fellow dudes…But this one’s for our fellow dudettes! :slight_smile:

I just love, love, love this girl:

Amazing Grace New Age Version

Amazing Grace - Take 2

Ya she’s umm I D K…She should be professional signed with a contract some where…WOW!!!

Incredible player…

Harp on!!

She is one of the smoothest players I have heard. Man is that SWEEEEEEEEEET. Makes me wanna lay down and die…cuz if that ain’t heaven, I don’t know what is.

Flip

WOW!

christellester is my new favorite harmonica player. She’s the real thing. Tone… soul… her own unique interpretation and expression… WOW!!!

Sweet tones Howard Levy style.

jp allen

JP,

With 8 hours a day practice it really shows…
I heard that’s her daily routine practice, on her interview she did with
harpsurgery.com

I wish I could practice that much…

Harp On!!

Yeah. 8 hours a day. She’s on it!

Was a time I used to play music 10 hours a day. Mostly song writing.

Those were Good times.

These days my favorite thing is to do run for hours…

I ran 15 miles the other day barefoot.

My new goal is to run 60 miles on my 60th birthday but I’ll be satisfied to just open my eyes and say, “OH YEAH… One more day on this amazing planet!”

I’m 44 now so I’ve got plenty of time to prepare for the big day.

jp

ya, that was awesome, both versions. wow. she just opened my mind a bit more. The danger though is to hear her and think, “I can never do that”. Who knows, I could do it differently and …nah, she rocks! …but, I will forge on, I love playin and thats all that matters.
Q: is that tone a “Suzuli” tone? Stevie Wonder plays Suzuki, I think, and there are alot of similar sounds there. hmmm…

If you really want to hear amazing performances of Amazing Grace there are 2 that are outstanding.

No 1 - Howard Levys version which is available on MP3 from his website

No 2 - The late Terry McMillans emotional version. It’s on youtube.

Christelle is very good but the above 2 are outstanding.

Q: is that tone a "Suzuli" tone? Stevie Wonder plays Suzuki, I think, and there are alot of similar sounds there. hmmm......

Hi Stanbo I think she said she used a Suzuki Manji, and doesn’t The legend Stevie Wonder play a chromatic.

These days my favorite thing is to do run for hours...
JP I'm with you there I love running My best distance so far was 10 miles it took me 66 minutes, I wasn't planning on running that far but 3/4 of the way through I kind of took a wrong turn in my route brought up a hill and a dead end. I thought it was bringing me home, But hey at least it got me to 10 miles...With sneakers never tried it without.

I wish I could retire so I could run more and play harmonica more…Hey but someone’s gotta pay the bills.

Harp On!!