Another Newbie

Got my first harp and downloaded JP’s 99 lessons 3 weeks ago. Incredible! Just got through the lessons and the Gypsy Harp Lesson. Great way to learn. Now I’m digesting and practicing everything I’ve been through. JP, you da man. This the way to learn. I didn’t think it was possible to play so well after three weeks. I’m stoked. By the way, The harmonic A minor harp has such a wonderful and enchanting sound. I’ve always had an affinity Gypsy and Klezmer music and this harp seems like it’s drawing past memories out of my DNA.

Rich

Hey Rich,
I’m a newbie also and am just up to the “gypsy” part of lessons. I got the DVD set and it’s awesome to have any lesson ready to go anytime anywhere, just need a laptop. anyway, I am also thinking about taking the step to amplification and am looking for advice, all I could find on this site was a thread that was 6 months old. I am starting at square one, but my sister in law works at a music store and gets me stuff at her employee cost, that’s cool, but I don’t know what to buy? any thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy and welcome to the forum.
I don’t amp my harps, but there have been many great discussions on mics and amps. There is one heading just for harps and equipment. Just ask anything, and one of the more knowledgeable guys or guyettes will surely answer.

BB

Pleased to meet you!

Gypsy is great music, that’s for sure! One of my favoritest styles!

–BT