Another Video on Blues Harp Exercises

Hello everyone,

I have just posted another YouTube video: Simple Chord-Based Riff. Let me know your advice for improving my videos. I hope to do some more in the future.

As for commenting on any questions, I will be away for the next three days (until Wednesday night, Aug.3, 2022) and unable to reply before returning.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Hello @Slim,
I’ll watch and listen to it later.
I replayed your first video yesterday, interesting. And finally tested the D Harp. But it still needs some lubrication… :grin:, too new.
Until the days, stay healthy!

1 Like

Hello @Slim,
These are good variations! They seem so easy at the beginning, but here, at a good speed, the quick switch from draw to blow or vice versa makes it.
I can hear how your larynx is working, especially with variant 5. :slightly_smiling_face:
As you can see, my :ear::ear: were pointed.
Great thank you!

3 Likes

Vielen Dank, Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63 !! :smiling_face:

Thank you very much, Astrid!!

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey there Slim, I saw the video the other day when you posted it and then again today as I had wanted to give you my thoughts.

First of all, it’s great to put a voice with the comments I have been reading here now for months. Your valuable knowledge now has a voice!

I saw both of your videos. They are both very informative, concise and to the point.

How could they be improved?

It’s tough for me to say since it’s not my area, but it seems to me that part of what has attracted many of us to this forum and to @Luke are his videos. Obviously he is using more technology and the presentation of them is very professional, but beyond that is his natural manner and charisma seem to be what most sets him apart. Maybe you can follow his lead in sharing what you know but with your own style and flow.

Your information is very valuable and I know from what I’ve read hear by you that you have a wealth of knowledge to share about our beloved tin whistle.

Congratulations on getting out there and showing us a bit of what you know!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @HarpinBobbyMcB !! I really appreciate that you have taken the time and made the effort to listen to and think about those two videos.

I will try my best to follow your advice. Feel free to offer more ideas as they occur. Since I am not an exciting personality, I think my best contributions are to share my knowledge rather than my limited playing skills.

Regards,
– Slim

3 Likes

Your comments here have been invaluable @Slim

That’s great you want to share your knowledge through different mediums, we are grateful :pray:

Oh, and by the way, your personality may be more exciting than you imagine. I believe you ooze an inner excitement about music and what you know, that counts for a lot!

4 Likes

That’s how it is @HarpinBobbyMcB! With @Luke and @Slim we have hit the bull’s eye like in a lottery and we, like others, absorb the knowledge like a sponge. It doesn’t get any better than this and we would be stupid not to use it.

3 Likes