"Bar" Songs

Anyone got tabs for some good ‘ol Irish drinkin’ tunes?

Keep on harpin’!

Irish music just can’t be played by tabs, the rhythm and timing is extremely important to get the right sound. Listen to fiddle players and what they play and try to do the same on your harmonica. The most common keys are G and D (very common).

Although disappointing, very informative and helfpul.
Thanks!
Keep on harpin’!

[center]Trevor,

Try this one out I stole it from:

www.harmonicaacademy.com,

hopefully I don’t get in trouble.

[center]The tune is called “Drunken Sailor”[/center]

Tab:
6D 6D 6D 6D 6D 6D 6D 4D 5D 6D

6B 6B 6B 6B 6B 6B 6B 4B 5B 6B

6D 6D 6D 6D 6D 6D 6D 7D 7B 8D

7B 6D 6B 5B 4D 4D

And the tune so you know how it’s played:[/center]
[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5189894/Drunken_Sailor.mp3[/mp3]

[center]Oh and use your Key of “C” harp[/center]

[center]Harp On!![/center]

TJ
As an Irishman, I have found after years of playin’ harmonica and drinkin’, that pretty much any song will suffice IF you are drinking enuff!
Chromeaddict

Now that sounds like the voice of experience talking ;D

It’s funny that, how every note you hit while drunk sounds even more perfect than the previous, and so it rolls on like a musical orgasm :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda like all the women are prettier, too! ;D

Why do we ever get sober again?

Guys,
"If every nite was a Saturday, and every morning was Sunday, I’d pray to the lord, “Please Lord Give Me The Strength To Make It One More Nite” I quote the “Right Reverand Deacon Doctor Petey Pete” imfamous maker/producer of Doctor Petey Pete’s Two Ball Root Oil. Cures colds in the head, sinus trouble, sore throat, sour throat, removes blisters, able to raise a blister, eliminates rabies, scabies, and unborn baies, lily livers, bloated livers, and the “Heartbreak Of Soriosis” (you want heartbreak? my product can produce hearbreak) An antiinflamatory, yet if used properly/improperly can cause inflamation ( in cases lasting more than 4 hours, a prostitue comes in handy to relieve pressure, and talk one down) Use not recomended for the meek of heart, those who might be prone to heartfailure and those susceptable to fart hailure.
Chromeaddict

So where does Burts Buzzin Beesnwax fit into all that… ::slight_smile:

I’m so confused!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mwuahahahaha!!!

Joey,
I use Burt’s Beezwax to seal pearwood combs, if used in conjunction with 2BRO (2 Ball Root Oil) it will cause slipperiness to the point of losing “traction”. A man/womans “purchase” is included in the purchase price of 2BRO. Burt’s Beezwax if used with 2BRO should only be used sparingly as a lip balm.
I appologize for not offering the product before Christmas as it makes a great gift. But apparently, 2BRO makes a great Halloween treat, and goes great with turkey, ham, roasts, and redmeat. After the Thanksgiving rush my stock was too depleted to offer my usual Christmas Club discount package.
I will however, be offering a “New And Improved 2BRO” which will remove tattoos, and unwanted houseguests as well as the usual uses that have make it SOOO popular! Thank you for your interest SPD Joey, and am looking forward to doing business with you.
Chromeaddict AKA “The Right Reverand Deacon Doctor Petey Pete”