Breathing hard, breathing easy.

After 50 years playing guitar, I’ve decided to have a shot at learning to play the harmonica. Apart from many blues singers who play the harp, I’ve long been a fan of Adler, Reilly and Thielmans but was only recently advised to try the harmonica as an aid to improving breathing control. (I have asthma and moderately mild COPD). I searched Youtube and found that many others with similar problems have found the harmonica really useful. The fact that I enjoy its sound certainly motivates me to give it a serious go. So, I’ve found myself a couple of book/CD tutors that look very useful and have bought a nice sounding instrument. Now to see what happens next …

Hi I have just joined the forum also. Have for years been wanting to play the Harmonica, I purchased one plus the instruction books a long time ago, they have been resting in a drawer ever since. Have just purchased JP’s DVD’s, they have not arrived yet but I am on lesson seven on the on-line version. I am 75 and learning something new does not come easy, but with these lessons I really think I am making progress, something that never happened with the instruction books. You are right it does help with the breathing.Good luck mate. Keep in touch.

hey there…
i am new in the harmonica world too…
i read your thread and i wish you the best!!!with the sound as well as with the breathing!!!
take care mate…