Ear Training

Reps legal team ignore, guess what your spit is water and gunk. So water won’t hurt, don’t soak in bucket or sink. If you take apart a harmonica that has been used some, you will see a white film and it smells like bad breath, that’s your spittle dried. It is corrosive on the brass over time.

G is a fifth of C, F is a fourth of C, I, IV, V, every key has a root the I, a fourth IV, a fifth V, referred to as a perfect fourth and perfect fifth.

As far as notes on a harp, get a chart, Gidnick has one showing all standard notes, 1-10 on any key of a harp, country tune has a sharpened 6 hole, if I remember right.

2 Likes

Would it help if you played standing. You can use digital versions of your old instrument so they can lighter and easier to raise.

1 Like

Hi sir, you may want to check this instrument out, it has similarities with an accordion:http://rb.gy/wem6a

1 Like

I think the link is incorrect…I don’t know what it is that I am getting when I try it. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, however I have Chronic Venal Insufficiency, and neurophy (sp?) in both legs, plus sciatica in the right leg, along with Arthritis in both knees. At nearly 82, most parts of my body are wearing out. I am grateful that God has given me a great love of His music. I am Truly Blessed!

2 Likes

Nita

I have the same shot gun problems with hearing out of my right ear. Been shooting a Browning auto V for 50 years 12 ga. One good eye will do.

Scott4

I may have made a mistake.:Accordion vs. Concertina: Unveiling the Distinctive Differences | by Cassidy Bole | Aug, 2023 | Medium

1 Like

I hope you slowly get better though sir

1 Like

The link sent me to a website about a bodhrán, apparently an Irish Drum. I appreciate the thought though! God Bless.

1 Like

Ah yes! I followed your new link to a comparison of Accordions and Concertinas. Not a whole lot of Accordion expertise (Especially since I have not played an Accordion in over 60 years) would allow me to adapt to the Concertina, But it is a nice thought!

Thanks for reaching out, I really appreciate it… It really is a very good idea, and I may look around a little bit and see what Amazon might offer. I will soon be 82, but I still like to try new and different ideas!

2 Likes

You’re welcome sir.

2 Likes

So helpful thanks

1 Like