G'day from Australia

Hi everyone, my name is Matt and my username is Crowboy. I am from a small town in Australia called Goulburn. It is the oldest inland city in Australia and primarily rural economy. I am a horticulturalist and play some guitar and a bit of harmonica. I decided to join up JP’s lessons because I bought and tried out quite a few books but they just didn’t give me the sound I was looking for. I love the blues and rock so looking forward to getting into the lessons and then jamming along with some friends.

cheers

Matt/Crowboy

Howdy Matt. Welcome to the forum.

BB

Welcome !!!

Glad you joined us!

–BT

well you be harping as you like in no time.
i had a harp for years when i was young .just blowing noise …
now a week of playing around having the lessons . i can now jam …and thats only with the first few lessons in blues …

welcome

tom

Thanks very much for the welcome and the replies. I have played around with the harmonica for years but it never seemed to click with me. I would spend ages and learn a bunch of songs and play them in the band I was in but they seemed to me to be methodical and tense. There was none of the smooth looseness of the greats like Junior Wells etc. When I watched the preliminary lessons with JP it was his “Stick the harmonica deep into your mouth at a downward angle” that suddenly made a difference. I had been basically kissing the harp and keeping my lips/mouth/jaw tight to ensure an airtight seal. I am looking forward to just messing around with the blues, jamming away and having fun. I signed up straight away for the lessons and enjoying them a lot. Matt