Greetings from Leeds, UK

Hi everybody,

I’ve been cruising the forum on my lunch breaks and have finally found 10 mins to join and introduce myself.

I decided I wanted to learn a musical instrument that was portable, versatile and fun - and picked the harmonica. My goal was to whip it out at a party and surprise a few friends with a couple of songs - simple (ahem!!), but as I play I find I just enjoy being alone with the sound.

I’ve been working on the free lessons and am waiting on the full course to be delivered over the next couple of weeks. I’m currently working full time and doing a degree so reading a book of lessons is the last thing I need!! I find JP’s energy and enthusiasm inspiring and could happily sit and play along to his lessons all day long!

I’m genuinely really glad I discovered the harmonica and look forward to lots more playing.

Welcome, Merlin! ;D Enjoy the journey! Look forward to hearing your progress, be sure to post some sound bites and ask what ever questions you comeup with. Some one here will answer!

( SSHHH!) They might even be right! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi everybody,

I’ve been cruising the forum on my lunch breaks and have finally found 10 mins to join and introduce myself.

I decided I wanted to learn a musical instrument that was portable, versatile and fun - and picked the harmonica. My goal was to whip it out at a party and surprise a few friends with a couple of songs - simple (ahem!!), but as I play I find I just enjoy being alone with the sound.

I’ve been working on the free lessons and am waiting on the full course to be delivered over the next couple of weeks. I’m currently working full time and doing a degree so reading a book of lessons is the last thing I need!! I find JP’s energy and enthusiasm inspiring and could happily sit and play along to his lessons all day long!

I’m genuinely really glad I discovered the harmonica and look forward to lots more playing.

I rarely if never quote a whole person’s post in my replies – But this one was so good, I feel it all bears repeating!! :slight_smile:

A) You’ve cruised the forum, no doubt finding great people here along with their topics/threads which are both informative and fun!

Definitely doing your homework there! Yay!!

B) You’ve picked a musical instrument - the harmonica - which is portable and versatile – as well as made a goal to play for family, friends and yourself, just for the pleasure and fun it brings to everyone everywhere!!

Gotta have a plan, man!! Yay!!

C) Sans presently any books/other musical harmonica courses (which you may be inspired to invest in later down the road, yet be that as it may) – Still though, you’ve taken the time to watch JP’s free videos and work on them; then as many others across this great and vast Harmonica Universe have done/are doing – You’ve invested in JP Allen and his world’s best selling most favorite home harmonica course DVD set!

Welcome to the club! Yay!!

D) You’re glad you found the harmonica, and hope for many fun years of personal achievement, enjoyment and playing!

I/We’re happy for you too! Yay!!

So welcome to the JP Allen Harmonica.com forum!

Don’t be a stranger! Have fun always!

Oh, and incidentally, one of my best friends while I was in the navy, his name was Merlin. A nice young gent from the farmlands of Kansas or Nebraska or thereabouts, who prior never knew how to play any card games yet wanted to learn, so I taught him to play poker and other games;

And during those times when we had split duty shifts - me on days, him on nights – Would come to my bunk, wake me up and nudge me to play cards with him to help pass the time away…And so I did!

Thing is, except for the legendary magician of ye olde King Aurthur’s days, he was the only real person named Merlin I ever met/knew.

But I’m always happy to meet/know another one too!

Smiles!

Keep On Harpin’!

“Have Harp, Will Travel!”

Hey welcome aboard there Merlin good luck on your journey through the harmonica…

Let us know if we can help

Harp On!!

Welcome to Wonderland!

Best of Luck on your learning journey!
–BT

Right on Merlin,

thanks for joining and for plunging into my lesson bundle. I think your going to really enjoy it and find it helpful.

Post here if you ever have questions or concerns,

Your harmonica buddy,

jp

Well what can I say apart from thanks for the warm welcome!!

Once the lesson bundle arrives I plan to keep one harmonica in my drawer at work and give one to my six year old son as a present. He picks mine up and blows a few random notes but I’ve started showing him the tips I picked up from JP’s free lessons - just think, two harmonicas playing ‘Hot Cross Buns’ all night long - If anybody has any egg boxes or other sound proof material they want to donate to help preserve my wife’s sanity…!! :slight_smile:

It’s strange as well but I’ve arranged to meet a friend I used to go rollerblading with a few years ago - we haven’t seen each other since I moved away with my family and he with his but I found out he’s been learning the guitar in his spare time. The jamming session draws ever closer!! ;D ;D

Hi merlin

Nice to see another UK harpist.

I know Leeds well, much time spent there with work - only 2 hours by train from Peterborough, and my eldest daughter is off to Bradford this afternoon for 2 days. ;D quiet weekend in prospect!

I’ve been playing 3 weeks now, and getting used to it, breathing takes a bit of getting used to! Hope you get much fun from it, keep us posted and join in the frivolity!