Harmonic Minor tabs

Hi,
I received a Lee Oskar Harmonic Minor (Ab) for my birthday, and got the Gypsy Harmonica Lesson from JP.
What a lovely sound!! I mean the harp is pretty cool for the price but what I felt in love with are the chords of the harmonic minor scale!!
JP teach us one song (good teacher as usual) but I felt the lack of other songs to play.
With my Harmonic Minor Harp, I really like to jam alone, walking along the scale and playing chords, it make me fell I’m a good player, playing without thinking and sounding beautifull (as a beginner it is not what I always feel way I’m playing!)

??? BUT I’m looking for more tabs to use on my Harmonic Minor Harmonica!!! ???
Does anybody know of some resources to play songs with an Harmonic Minor Harmonica.
Tabs, site, books, …

thanks

I am having a hard time too…and I think its because so few people play it that there just aren’t that many resources!

The thing I do the most is improv…

–BT

Yeap, it’s very hard to find anything!
For now I’ll stay with impro too…

I'm looking for more tabs to use on my Harmonic Minor Harmonica!!!
I am having a hard time too

Methinks you’re all thinking too hard on this one.

I wrote this great little essay awhile back:

http://www.harmonica.com/forums/how-to-play/how-acquiring-this-makes-anybody-sound-good-maybe-even-better!/msg80/#msg80

Thing is, if you take any simple song you can play on a straight harp and play it on the Harmonic A Lee Oskar, you will create a great effect.

Such as: Play “Oh Susannah” or “Red River Valley” on any straight C be it Golden Melody, Spec 20 whatever; then do it on the harmonic A harp –

Enjoy!

Keep On Harpin’!

Thanks for sharing your post (it is not always easy to view every “old” post when starting on a forum!).

Yes, this is what I’m actually doing, some impro and doing some “regular” tabs on my harmonic minor (mine is Ab).

But even so, I feel I miss some songs made for that harmonic minor scale… Recently I bought the “Compleat Klezmer” book, as I believe they use a lot that scale, but I’m still waiting for it, so I’ve still no clue if it’s going to help me!

Hi,

did the book “complete klezmer” help to play the harmonic minor?

Thanks,

Carlos

HI, Very interesting topic to me. It would be good to have the answer to the last post, did the book “complete klezmer” help to play the harmonic minor?