Harp cases

I would like to start a subject er thread nice long one hopefully, everyone puts there harps somewhere.

I’ve wasted my money now on 2 different cases :’(

Would like to find that perfect harp case. And I figure this is where to go
to get some suggestions. There’s enough people to give there opinions :smiley:

I don’t remember a topic on this yet maybe there was one not sure though :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone home making there own cases ::slight_smile:

This is my case:under attatchments below, it’s only 7" deep and 12" wide but tall enough to stand the harps in there. Very tiny was shocked when it came :-[

Give me your opinions I’m shopping for a case to bring with me on my next er 1st gig ;D

Harp on!!

Good topic Joe. I have the Lee Oskars and they come in their own individual case and those cases each interlock in whatever order you want them to. I would like a really cool case though so I will be reading the responses from the pro’s. I like the idea of leather but I dont think that would give enough protection to the cover plates.
Good Luck

Great topic!

Besides my backpack, pants, shirts, jackets, and coats - If/when I really get good and know I’m going somewhere, will definitely be looking into these:

http://www.harpcase.com/id47.html

Have to carry my ‘Harmonica Santa’ Harrisons in something worthy, eh? :smiley:

Keep On Harpin’!

PS: While we’re here in this new thread, take a gander at these for the self-customizer:

http://www.harpcase.com/id27.html

Ooooh yeah, baby! :slight_smile:

Laters…

Hoi All,

I like to share my method of storing harmonica’s in a good and cheap way.
You can use any box or what ever you like witch have the good dimensions.
I found a small box witch can hold my favourite 6 Suzuki’s. The only thing you need to do is put in some pieces of plastic U-profile witch you will find at any DIY store. Saw it in the proper dimensions so your harmonica will fit in, glue it on the bottom of you box an that’s it.
A lott of my harmonica friends use a small “Poker” suitcase witch you can buy cheap at the moment over here. The picture says it all I think.

Have Fun, John

The picture says it all I think.

Yeppers, it does, SS! Very nicely laid out and portable! :slight_smile:

I bought a set of Hohner Piedmont blues harps just for the case. The harps are junk in my opinion, but the case works great. It holds 7 Seydels just fine. Only thing missing off it is a carry handle. Cost 20 bucks. Just my 2 cents. ;D

Hi Tyson is this the one you got seems like a nice case.
But the harps are useless?

Thats too bad, not even for
practicing with.

Harp on!!

51ZZWj3TR9L.SL500_AA300.jpg

I bought a set of Hohner Piedmont blues harps just for the case. The harps are junk in my opinion, but the case works great.

I like my little Piedmonts, Ty-Man!

Wouldn’t ever take them out on any pro circuit or anything like that. These made in China plastic covers and combs are great for learning on - gapping, maintenance, etc.

Good for tooling around town with also; as they’re easy to play, and can just plain have fun with them.

Had two sets, now only one; as I gapped and sold a set to a gent who wanted something to travel and fool around with. Said he liked them also.

Bought my Spec 20 set from Mfrs, and it came with virtually the same Piedmont case you’re referring to as well. Yeah, I wish this had a handle too.

Will probably be looking at Hendricks eventually. Have a few more 10 holers I’d like to obtain; then will start looking at Chromos; perhaps from Brendan Powers. Then I’m done getting any harps after that for quite awhile!

Gotta have a plan, eh?

Smiles!

Keep on Harpin’!

Hey SPD are you gonna put your turbo harps in this case when they come in ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0k6EuHRjUc#
Steve Harvell’s “DeWalt” home made harmonica case !

Harp on!!

Hey, Joe. Yes, that Peidmont case is what I have. That DeWalt case looks pretty cool. Might have to come up with something a little smaller though. My friend Ludie uses a pistol case. Works pretty good.

SPD, hope I didn’t offend you, I tried to play the one’s I bought, but I just couldn’t get the plastic taste to go away. Maybe because I just didn’t care. I wanted the case. Peace!

Okay, I have posted a video on YouTube and tried to embed it here without success. Go to this link and it should open for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MepwoOr5lPQ#
MAQ00079.MP4

Then would someone please advise as how to embed the video in a reply.

Thanks.

Shout out: Joe

Steve’s the Man…

Turbo Harp Man! Check out his cool vid! Methinks he’s the 29th customer or something by the # in the center of his green shirt. Mwuahahahahaha!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bs0OrhiiQM#
“Gett’en On Down” with a TurboHarp in the key of Low E !

Shout Out: Tyson

hope I didn't offend you, I tried to play the one's I bought, but I just couldn't get the plastic taste to go away. Maybe because I just didn't care. I wanted the case.

Mwuahahaha! No offense intended; none taken either way. I read a lot peeps who just get the >$25 set just for the case. Whether we like/don’t like the Piedmonts or any harps for that matter, it’s great to offer reviews from everwhere/everyone for all others to read and know about. Dontcha think, Ty-Man?! Peace, Yo!

Shout Out: Edward (aka Secret Harmonica Santa)

Nice case and really well done.

Then would someone please advise as how to embed the video in a reply.

Here’s the answer I provided for Barry, another of our distinguished harpster and harpsterette membershiphood. Hope it helps! Keep is posted.

Reply #7

http://www.harmonica.com/forums/harmonica-talk/deep-relaxed-embouchure-extra!/msg1665/#msg1665

Smiles!

Keep On Harpin’!

SPD:

I want some of them TURBO HARPS 8)

They sound cool when are you getting yours in, they should be coming soon :-\

I should wait to see how you like them.

Harp on!!

Hey Guys…Haven’t been posting on here lately, but I have been here. Reading, reading, reading bout all the great stuff on here.

One thing I am confused on tho, I bought a set of BluesBand harps (mainly for practice and for the case) and believe it or not, mine has actually got a handle on it, so my confusion is that lots of you have the same case, but say there ain’t no handle. What’s up with Hohner making two different cases. Huh, maybe ya’ll haven’t looked at the case to well, but on the opposite side of the velcro closure, there is this piece of strappin about 4 inches long that acts as a handle. LOL. Check it out.

Flip

p.s. I probably sucked in all them little metal shavings already, so now I will probably die. damn. I will surely miss this forum when that happens. lol

Does anyone know of a good solution for carrying your harps while jamming? Like a belt or something?

Shout Out: Joe

I want some of them [u][b]TURBO HARPS[/b] [/u]

Me too! I’m still waiting on my order! ::slight_smile:

Shout Out: Flip

What's up with Hohner making two different cases?

What’s up with Hohner making at least 4 different harmonicas with the same reed plates in them? Answer: They’re Hohner! :-\

I probably sucked in all them little metal shavings already, so now I will probably die. damn. I will surely miss this forum when that happens.

You will be sorely missed. R.I.P! :’(

mwuahahahahahaha!!!

Shout Out: Kat

Does anyone know of a good solution for carrying your harps while jamming? Like a belt or something?

Says he’s not taking orders, but he’s still around; and it’s a place to start:

http://www.cumberlandcustomcases.com/

Smiles!

Keep on harpin’!

@ Street Player Dude

mwuahahahahahaha!!!

Man, those look awesome!

Though, something like this would be funny:

;D

For my everyday harps I have two leather pouches I made by rolling the leather in a tube and laced it up the back and left a large loop at the top large enough to put over my head. The second pouch has a small loop I thread over the large loop to carry both around my neck. I have been using these pouches over two years and find they work and protect the harps well.
When I find the need to carry all my harps I plan to fold a piece of leather envelope style and stitch individual sections for each harp then roll it up and put it in my vest pocket. It will have tie strings long enough to wrap around my waist and tie off to have harps ready as needed. That’s my plan anyway hope it gives you some ideas you can work with.