Harrison B radical

Reading about this Harrison B radical made exclusively in the US of A retails for $180 supposed to be all singing all dancing long waiting list to obtain one six months I think does any one have one or know any one who owns one just wondered thats all… harp on.

Believe me when I tell you, PJD777!

We’ve discussed it a lot around here, all in good humor too!

And yes, it’s up on my Harmonica Santa wish list as well:

http://www.harrisonharmonicas.com/bradical

Hey SPD I must of missed that thread. After my negative experiences with upper bracket harps just wondered what this little guy is really like you know how they hype them up by the way there is no way I could fork out that much cash as good as the harp may or may not be hmmmm! yes for me its may be a Santa I have really been a good boy [honestly ::)] fantasy you know the sort of thing its Christmas morning and Ho boy! life is not really as cruel as you always were led to believe because there is my wife with this box car shaped gift wrapped pressy in her hand saying happy xmas darling your throat goes dry your heart beat is beating 13 to the dozen then I am suddenly woke up by two mangy tom cats fighting out side welcome back to the real world PJ ;D peace SPD keep harpin

Just ordered one, $117.00 down and $80.00 to go when notified that the B-radical is ready to ship IN FEBRUARY 2011!!!

Barry

High Barry I dont get to blog with rich folk that often ;D Barry I hope the little beauty lives up to it reputation for you at that price it has to be good please let us know how she performs when you get her…peace Barry keep on harpin

@ PJD

fantasy you know the sort of thing its Christmas morning and Ho boy! life is not really as cruel as you always were led to believe because there is my wife with this box car shaped gift wrapped pressy in her hand saying happy xmas darling your throat goes dry your heart beat is beating 13 to the dozen then I am suddenly woke up by two mangy tom cats fighting out side welcome back to the real world

Man o man, talk about The Gift of The Magi by O Henry gone awry! :o

http://www.online-literature.com/o_henry/1014/

{BTW Most everybody knows the story’s tale…It’s been years if not decades though since I actually read it…Yeah, that’s what literature is all about! Anywhat…}

Things’ll get better for you, PJD! I’m pulling for ya, we’re all in this together! :wink:

@ Barry

$117.00 down and $80.00 to go

Now we know why you’ve been hiding and what you’ve been doing:

Washing windshields on the street corner for tips in Upstate New York, eh?! :o

You finally broke down and ordered one, good for you! So please keep us posted when it arrives! :slight_smile:

Keep On Harpin’!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4uNTpjEY9w#ws
B-Radical: Harmonica for the 21st century

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2oMn3NIi24#
Harrison Harmonicas presents the B-radical! & Jason Ricci

Hey guys, actually I’m on a fixed income been retired for 16 years, but I just celibrated my 72nd birthday and the whole family chipped in and made this my birthday present. But, I would have washed windshields to get one. Playing the harmonica is my number one hobbie and to own one completely American made is very important to me. Regarding the quality and living up to expectations, I don’t think Brad would put his name on a harmonica that is less than those that he has customized over the years and we know his reputation for quality custom harps.

I have a Suzuki Manji and a Hohner Crossover so I’ll let you guys know how the B-radical compars to these top of the line harps. My favorite harps have been the Special 20’s and I do a little customizing to them myself and to think I just purchased a harp that is equal to six Special 20’s is a little scary to say the least, but life is shorter than we know and I felt that to own what looks like probably the top of the line harp after 72 years of making ends meet and raising a family, this is no big deal. If I live ten more years and pro-rate the cost over those 10 years, well that’s only $19.00 a years (I’ll do anything to rationalize the cost).

I’ll keep you imformed!

Barry

Enjoy Barry you DESERVE [respect to you from me] peace Barry keep on harpin for years to come I am 63 and try to make the most of each day none of us is promised tomorrow we can only hope. :slight_smile:

Oh God Love Ya, Barry!! :-* <<<angel kisses from above, eh?>>>

Happy Belated B-Day! :smiley:

Your comments and posts have been missed by the regular locals here, especially me! :wink:

So don’t be a stranger; well not as much a stranger if you can help it! hehehehe!! :slight_smile:

Good to see you again! :o

Keep on Harpin’!

Peace & SPD Out!

That is one sexy lookin’ harp! 8)

That is one sexy lookin' harp!

Yo Chris, you meet my friend pjd777 yet? :o

Methinks you’d have lots to talk about, eh?! :wink:

Reply #17

http://www.harmonica.com/forums/harmonica-talk/how-long/msg1635/#msg1635

Hey it’s all good! Having fun here! Write if you get work! :smiley:

Ciao, babe! 8)

Haha, SPD; you crack me up ;D

Hey guys, as a kind of follow up on our discussion about purchasing a B-radical harp from Brad Harrison I’d like to add some interesting facts about the ordering process. When I called to place my order I spoke with a gentleman named David Payne who is the new Director of Media and Client Relations with Harrison Harmonicas. After I told him of my interest in ordering a B-radical he proceeded to ask me a series of questions regarding what type of music I played, how long I’ve been playing, how I play ie; tongue blocking or single note playing, how I liked to bend and overblow notes and on and on and on. Some of these questions I actually was not sure of the correct answer and he guided me through the process. When we were just about finished I asked him if he was a harp player and he responded that he had been playing since age 5.

Long story short, this turned out to be the very same David Payne from Elk River Harmonicas and I had watched him on You Tube many times. The point here that I’m trying to make is the B-radical I’m recieveing is in every way a personal customized harp set up to match me and my need and wants. If I had known more about tuning this harp would have been tuned to my liking and needs as well. The B-radical harps are in every way a personal customized harmonica.

I can’t imagin what he thought when I asked him if he played!

Barry

I spoke with a gentleman named David Payne who is the new Director of Media and Client Relations with Harrison Harmonicas.

Ooh, my buddy, Dave:

http://elkriverharmonicas.com/

So that’s his new position there - Cool Beans!

I can't imagine what he thought when I asked him if he played!

Was a very good question, Barry!

When I ordered my Turbo Harps and spoke to the lady assistant explaining what I wanted - I asked if she played harp. She laughed and said no, but she loves the music and harpers just the same!

But yeah, Dave is a very nice guy too! He’s the first customizer I ever worked with, and I purchased my beautiful Elk River harmonica from him.

And thanks for the added information about Harrison, will come in handy when either Harmonica Santa brings it or I have to help Harmonica Santa get one or two or more for me! Yay!

Smiles!

Keep On Harpin’!

Okay, I couldn’t take it anymore. Just looking at the B Radical, its beautiful curves and no sharp edges. I watched all the videos, read all the press, and just knew I must have one or two or…

So, my order is in. I have a C and G coming. March 2011 is when they may come. I will wait patiently for what has to be the most comfortable harp to hold. The sound seems very nice as well.

Someone said (was it Tyson?) that no good ever comes from counting the cost of one’s hobby. So, I have just spent more for two harps than for my whole set of Seydel Blues Sessions. Maybe I’m crazy…but I am sure it is a good crazy.

All right Ed ;D

You are a patient man congratulations on the new Harps when they come in.

Maybe they’ll be early who knows.

They must be something special if there that far behind ;D

Maybe One Day Who Knows!! :wink:

Harp on!!

A review from some one I know, can’t wait to hear your report, ED.

So, my order is in. I have a C and G coming.

Edward:

According to Barry, David Payne asked him what kind of tuning he wanted on his C. As Barry said he wasn’t sure, I’m presuming good ole Dave suggested a compromised tuning for him. Which is a good choice, as Dave customized my Seydel/Elk River the same way.

I don’t have any Paddy Richter or Country Tuned harps - so I’m considering D & G in these areas.

However, I’m wondering what you ordered on both your C & G.

Thanks!

Compromised.

TY!