Hello

Hi everybody,

My name is Kenny. I’m 22 years old and I’m from Belgium. I play the harp for over one year now and It’s really a great instrument. I still have to learn a lot like the bending isn’t just what is has to be but were coming there…

Euhm let’s see, the reason I started to play on the harmonica is because I really like to hear the blues. When I see somebody play the harmonica in a live band, it makes the band complete and sometimes even give me goosebumps.
The second reason why I started to play is because of my second hobby, Western Riding. When the Western riding started in Belgium it was mostly combined with live bands and line dancers and mostly there was someone playing the harmonica as well.
The problem was to find someone to teach me and guide me a little bit but after a while I just decided to start on my own, use the Internet and I bought a book. It’s on the Internet I discovered JP and his newsletter and I most say, it’s been a really great help! Thanks for that JP.

So I hope this community will be another guideline in my path to get the best out of my harmonica and I hope to help other beginners with the problems I already discovered.

Greets,
Kenny

So I hope this community will be another guideline in my path to get the best out of my harmonica and I hope to help other beginners with the problems I already discovered.

Cool story, Kenny!

From beginners to harp enthusiasts to advanced and even harp maestros - Am hoping everybody stops by to share their insights with everyone!

Welcome to our little sector of the vast harmonica universe too!!

Hi Kenny, 22 years old you got the whole harmonica world a head of you buddy. Wish I started at that age.

Thank you Joe & Street Player Dude!

Hey Kenny,

I’ve been to Belgium twice… both time to playing gigs… Loved it…

If I ever get back to Belgium I’d love to jam…

Or come to Hawaii sometime and we can hang out and do some double harp jamming on the beech.

Welcome!

jp

Welcome Kenny. Feel free to ask all the questions you want. Questions help the forum stay strong. Glad to have you here. Good luck in your blues and western style harmonica playing.

Howdy Kenny. I’m glad to see you here with us. Thanks for sharing about the Western riding.
Remember though, real western riding was done by us long haired dudes with the painted ponies, and we played flutes and wore feathers in our hair (no, I don’t mean hippies).
I’m just messing with you Belgium. It’s nice to hear people who still like the “cowboy way.”
We’re all excited that you’re with us.
What sort of tunes do you like on your western riding outings? “On the Santa Fe Trail?”

BB

Welcome aboard, Kenny! May you live to 102 and have 80 years of enjoying the harmonica.

Hi Kenny, nice to see you ;D ;D

Only 80 years of harpin’? I was hoping to pack that many years in…starting at my present beginner age of 57.

BB