Hey there people!

Hi! I’m Omnipresent_Walrus, pleased to meet you.
Don’t ask how I thought of the name, I’m not even sure myself.

A few years back I received a Hohner Blues Harp MS as a gift. I’d never even considered playing before that. I received a tutorial book alongside it, played around with it for a week or so, and then put it on a shelf to collect dust (in the case of course)

Since then I picked up guitar and piano in earnest, playing whatever felt good at the time, usually contemporary stuff on piano and rock/indie stuff on guitar.

However a month or so ago I started watching the Anime ‘Cowboy Bebop’. I’m not sure how many of you have seen it, but the standout thing about the series is its soundtrack by ‘Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts’, who produced a fantastic collection of Jazz and blues music for the show. That soundtrack sparked an interest in Jazz and blues music that I never had before.

One particular track really struck a chord with me, ‘Diggin My Potato’
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0JB4wxtSJk#
Cowboy Bebop digging my potato FULL version

After listening to it on loop for several hours I had a light-bulb moment and went and found my old harmonica, only to find it was in the wrong key. Nonetheless, I tried my hardest to deconstruct the track, figuring out what was going on. I looked up how to bend notes, how to get the best tone, all the usual stuff.

Since then I’ve been messing around improvising and learning to play the blues. I often make a quick beat in FL studio to play over and then just go nuts for an hour or two.

It’s been about 2 weeks since i decided that I love playing the harmonica. I’m seriously still a novice, but I think I’m slowly starting to get to grips with it.

I found this forum and thought that there is no better way to better myself than to surround myself with like-minded people who love to play harmonica. So here I am.

TL;DR: Hi! I’m learning to play blues harmonica, how are you?

Howdy Walrus!
Welcome. Sounds like you did get bitten by the bug.
Keep at it. Get a harp in every possible key, both
major and minor. LOL