How to play Canon in D ???

Hi! The last few days, I’ve been inspired and excited to learn the song: Canon on the harmonica, and I’ve also found some tabs on harptabs.com:
8 -8 7 -7 -6 6 -6 -7
89 6 -78 6 76
5 -7 5 -56 5 4 56
4 -56 4 6 -4
7 -7 7 -7 7 8 9 -10 -9
8 -8 -9 8 -8 7 -7 -6 6
-5 5 -4 5 -5 56 6
6 -6 6 -5 45 5 5 -5
5 -4 4 -3 -3b -3 4 4 4
-3b -3bb 4 -3 4 -4
35 34 -3bb -3

It’s a nice song, and it would’ve been cool to play it on the harmonica!
I have learned the first line, but i’m having some trouble playing the double-notes so i wondered if anyone could help me on this? It would have been really cool! :smiley:
-3bb -2 -3 4 -3 345

Hi papadodt> Pachelbels Canon in D is a beautiful piece probably far more suited to playing on a Chromatic harp. The tabs at Harptabs are indicating the tune is a beginner tune however it’s really an advanced tune. The full step bends are quite difficult to execute and sound as if they fit.

I would not attempt it unless you have some years of playing experience. The double notes ie not sure the way they are written could indicate either both holes together usually bracketed eg(56) or a quick slide between the 2?

Harptabs is an excellent resource but many of their tabs you cannot rely on for accuracy. Also many indicate they are suited for beginners when they clearly are not.

If you have been playing some time then it might be best to try and figure out the progression by ear however tabs are sometimes useful as a start point.

[center]Is this the same song ???

Seems pretty challenging.

Canon in D Piano and Harmonica

Harp On!![/center]

Thank you for answering!
David T: Well I have been playing in about a year by now, but i’m not feeling quite secure on the bending- part yet. I manage it at -4, and maybe also some others, I think I manage to bend -3 also, but the problem is that I don’t know how to differ from Half step, full step and the last bbb or something…
But anyway, i think with some week of practice that I may manage to play the song completely. I’ve been playing the first part over and over again, and it is beatiful. I think it would be best for me to hear through the song a lot of times, and at the same time experiment on my harmonica until it feels right. I can’t wait to get started!

Joe: I don’t know, because a stupid message that Sonic Music entertainment have blocked it to be played in my country… But i guess it is… :slight_smile:

Joe, that was sweeeeet, dude.

I hope I can play like that eventually

Christian thats not me just a you tube I found of if it. Wasn’t familiar with the song so
wanted to hear how it sounded.

harp On

Ok, here is one more youtube video:

Canon harmonica guitar

papadodt,

Nice video thanks for posting ;D ;D

Harp On!!