I KNOW WHY I STARTED PLAYING AGAIN!!!

Almost a year ago, I bought a couple of harmonicas, and began to search for online help to relearn to play. (My dad and I played harmonicas when I was growing up.)
Last week I came across Terry McMillan playing country music! Eureka! I realized that I started to play again–to play the songs I hear in my head.
My dad was no professional player. He came home from the plant, sat in his chair and had fun with country ballads and old standards.
At age 63, it’s fun to reconnect with those days on the front porch in SW Missouri.

I realized that I started to play again--to play the songs I hear in my head.

Ain’t it great?!

My dad was no professional player. He came home from the plant, sat in his chair and had fun with country ballads and old standards.

My dad worked in a plant also, and did the same things! He only made it to 48 though, with me still in single digit years old agewise. And while many moons have passed since, I still remember those times fondly.

Take care, yo!

Hey McMannus,

I’m so happy for you that you got back into the harmonica.

Since Terry McMillan sparked your enthusiasm, I wanted to share a blog I did about Terry. I think you’ll love it if you haven’t already seen this video!

Go to:
http://www.harmonica.com/blog/1067-terry-mcmillan-harmonica-video.html

Enjoy!

jp

Thank you, J.P!

I have a CD Nashville Harmonicas and Terry McMillan, on my IPOD. It has This Train on the CD, but nuthin’ like this!

Thanks again!

Don

Wow! I saw this very clip by McMillian on YouTube by jumping around from posters’ comments.

Got that good down homey southern go-to-meeting revival vibe from the guy, the crowd, everything.

Saved him to my faves list; but had no clue or idea about the other details. One can never tell, can one?! Sorry for the loss of your friend, JP.

Peace & RIP Terry! Peace & RIP!