Introducing myself

Welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
It sounds like you’re doing some interesting stuff, and not limiting yourself to the ‘traditional role’ of a harmonica player, very inspiring! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

@Dave_Dunn,
Who are you writing to, all of us? :wink:

3 Likes

Lol, I know it’s clear enough in this instance, but point taken @AstridHandbikebee63 ! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

@Dave_Dunn, Is a new hobby of yours… :joy:

3 Likes

Welcome! We have something in common in the disability category as I’m limited also. Might be a trope but as a noob, knowing you have been playing for awhile gives me a bit of confidence and hope to hear your advice. :v:

4 Likes

Hello @RollyJoe,
I assume that you (also) mean me. :grin:
Please mark the people with @ and the name given here. If you click on the Reply button and enter @ in the field here, a list will appear above the field, which usually already contains the person you want to reply to. Just click on it and continue writing as usual.
If I can support you, I’d be happy to. But the number one rule is to have even more patience. But that’s like everyday life. Don’t build pressure and of course we have our limits and if you’ve really tried and it doesn’t work, don’t build frustration.
Through our exchange here, there may be an idea to find THE possibility. Every illness or disability is individual, which should not be forgotten.
Have fun and I’m here :slightly_smiling_face:!
Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

@AstridHandbikebee63 OOPS! :upside_down_face: Thanks for letting me know

4 Likes

Hi @RollyJoe

Yes, whenever you use the @ symbol with the intended person’s “handle” ( forum name) it also lets that person know (when they sign-in to the forum) that someone has mentioned them in one way or another (as you have now probably noticed).

Thanks (in advance) for using that feature in the future.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@RollyJoe , it’s not immediately apparent that you have to, as when you’re typing your reply, it shows who you’re replying to

but that doesn’t show once you hit reply. I haven’t been tagging people, thinking it’s usually pretty apparent who I’m replying to, and my comments usually don’t warrant a notification. @AstridHandbikebee63 pulled me up on it for the first time, in an earlier comment on this thread, so the timing was right to tell you too!
To be honest, I hadn’t even tried it, because on a lot of forums, it’s more trouble than it’s worth. Surprisingly easy here! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

7 Likes

@Dave_Dunn,
I’m all :innocent: and just want to play (harp). :grin:

3 Likes

Yes @AstridHandbikebee63 , I’ve always assumed you look something like this…
meaning-of-1222
… only playing the harmonica! :grin:

4 Likes

@Dave_Dunn,
the same, only with a wheelchair. OK, almost! But you know the good girls go to heaven, the bad girls go everywhere. :joy:

4 Likes

:+1: got it!

4 Likes

Welcome @smyliestyle - love your username, btw. So happy to have you here. You Don’t Know How It Feels is such a great tune. You might dig this post, if you haven’t seen it already:

See you around the forum. Thanks for joining us.
Rock on,
Luke

4 Likes

First time here. Played off and on since about 8/9 years old, gaps in between. Saw this site when I was checking on a hohner crossover.

I chose the name green stamps because my first harmonica was bought with green stamps circ 1965. From A&P mostly. I talked my mom into it, 1 1/2 books. Hohner Marine in C. No it was lost sometime around 21-23. I didn’t play consistently, so I’m no virtuoso.

I play bass guitar, learned as an mt nester @ 42, But I bought a set of new hohners in the 2019 lockdown. Never got the covid, but my back went out and I couldn’t walk. So I played and I played, on the front deck, back deck, living room. I couldn’t hardly move. Had surgery all good, hallelujah.

So I found that even though I only played from time to time over 57 years, as a geezer, good lung exercise. And the rust on technique and dust on my reeds blowing out, well some in, I really enjoy it.

Started playing in a round, mostly acoustic guitar players and started taking apart and cleaning my harps. Mostly ms blues hohner in several keys.

Sorry for the long windedness, I hope to check this from time to time. Thanks all for reading.

6 Likes

Years ago I got a harmonica holder like Neil Young’s. It didn’t go well, So I warmed up the metal and bent it me right.

4 Likes

Welcome @smyliestyle and @GreenStamps

Great to have you here as part of the community

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m disabled myself, I’m specifically autistic, and I mostly play country music. It’s really nice you’re learning the harmonica. I started out because I wanted to play “Ain’t Goin’ Down ('til the Sun Comes Up)” by Garth Brooks and to do a side project that help me focus alongside school. I’ve been playing for almost four years and many people have heard me improve a lot ever since I started getting lessons.
I was mainly self-taught for the first three years of playing harp, but I eventually settled down and decided to get harp lessons to improve on the style I’m working on. And let me tell ya, starting lessons was probably the best idea I have ever made as a harp player.

4 Likes

Welcome @GreenStamps - great story! So glad to have you here. Thanks for joining us. Rock on. :metal:t3:

3 Likes

Hi @Dave_Dunn don’t all angles play the harp? :grin:

2 Likes