Introducing myself

Im bran new to this forum. I bought my first harp after I joined the Army, in 1977, but have only gotten serious about trying to improve in the last couple of years.
The discovery of YouTube was a great motivator for me. To hear others play and try coping what I heard.
A friend directed me to "Harmonica.com " not sure if this is where he meant for me to go, but here I am.
I was actually looking for other Harp Players or a Harmonica Club around the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area.
I would like to take that chance and venture out of my basement with the harp.
I think I might enjoy this forum.
RWR

Howdy and welcome, RW.
You’ve come to a good place.

BB

Just what this forum needed…a bit of BRAN!!! :smiley:
Our stories sound similar. I played around with it for many years before I decided to learn to really use it. The harp that is!!! Welcome to the group!

Glad you found us! Feel free to ask any questions!

–BT

welcome
you did right visiting here .
you will not believe your ability…

tom

I just found this site. And I will be at Hill Country Harmonica! I’ve been playing for lots of years, put it away for a long time and started getting serious again about 4-5 years ago. Not in a band, but I do go out and sit in on a jam when I get a chance.

G’day from one newbie to another. You joined the Army in '77, I joined in '75. Third intake after Vietnam War.

Welcome to the forum, everyone here seems very nice and happy to help out with answers to questions.

Matt