Irish music?

Hey guys, still pretty new here, haven’t been able to dedicate as much time as I would like, but with all this quarantine stuff time is in abundance haha. I was wondering if anyone has a good source of Irish tunes? I have Brendan Powers book on Irish harmonica but i was just wondering if anyone has any other place or artists I could check out for that type of music? Thanks

Hi Gnmtl, fiddle tunes on the harp are my favorite! - But most of what I do (some comes from actual fiddle tunes for harp books) is to write in the harp hole positions myself , “1, -1, 2, -2, etc”. There are loads of fiddle books available (not harp, but actual music notation e.g…, “The Fiddler’s Facebook” is a wonderful example) - you don’t have to read music, just know the names of the notes on the music scale: “E-G-B-D-F for lines and F A C E for spaces”.The first I, or 2 you do may seem like torture, but it gets easy, real quick - try it.
have fun!
Bill

whoops - I meant “Fiddler’s FakeBook”

bill

Purchase “Irish Songs for Harmonica” by Pat Conway. Amazon has it for about $20. It doesn’t have the dance music, but it has 40 great songs with the harmonica tabs. Youtube should have all of them there. You could look them up, then try to learn them.
Also on Amazon: “Harmonica Songbook: Irish Songs & Ballads” by Thomas Ballinger. Tunes have harp tabs. That is only about $7.00.
Another, “Mel Bay Presents Irish Melodies for Harmonica” by Phil Duncan. Along with some songs, it has a lot of jigs, reels, and hornpipes. … and it comes with music, either packaged with the book, or as a download from Mel-Bay. The tabs are included for both Chromatic harmonica and diatonic harmonica. $20 on Amazon.
Irish music is the best. Have fun!