JP's Harmonica Video Package

Hi Guys,

Just started to use my JP video course and have found that two of the DVD’s will not play, all the others work fine. Has anyone else had any experience of faulty DVD’s.
I have contacted JP asking him what he would I should do, really annoying as due to Christmas Post and English Customs I have been waiting a month for them to turn up, and now find two unusable.

Cheers

Geoff.

Hi Blueguern,
I bought the package no problems at all probably just a fluke
still frustrating I’m sure.

Email Jason at

jason(at)harmonica.com

[Edit… Admin note: replace the (at) with an @ - just done this to stop spam bots collecting the email! Cheers, Chris]

See if there’s anything he can do to help.

I know they love giving excellent customer service.

Harp On!!

Don’t be offended, but I wanted to make sure you noticed that two of them are audio CDs, and not DVDs.

Wow thats good thinking gregmatic, I didn’t even think.

You just might be right.

Harp On!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I did check that some were DVD and others CD. It’s two of the DVD’s that will not play. I have e-mailed JP at the address on the disc box. Do you think I should e-mail Jason as well.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Well, it’s a real bitch when you get the luck of the draw on duds…

Same thing happend to me with one of my Jon Gindick CDs. Played the first few tunes okay – but then started skipping and repeating all over the place. To be sure, I played the CD on three different players, all with the same results.

It was an Amazon order, so once I contacted them about it, they replaced it toot-sweet and everything was good after that.

The JP Allen email address on the box is the Customer Service Department. So email your comments/questions there, and I’m sure Jason will receive it and get back to you.

Good luck!

“Have Harp, Will Travel!” 8)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, I got hold of Jason and after a very quick response found that I should play the DVD’s on my BluRay player and not on my computer. This works fine, still a bit strange that some of the DVD’s played OK on the computer but two didn’t. Technology eh.
Cheers,

Geoff.

And once again, all is well and at peace in our little sector of the vast and mighty Harmonica Universe!

“Have Harp, Will Travel!” 8)