Low D or D

@Slim, that’s my feeling too, although I have no comparison to other manufacturers. I learned “The Godfather” and I like the Bb best under C, G and A.

I couldn’t play for so long because my mother was in the hospital from the end of November and was supposed to be in a nursing home before Christmas. Then, on December 21, 2021, things took a turn for the worse because she passed away. You can imagine that it took a lot of phone calls and applications, etc., liquidation and, and, and. Corona and Christmas holidays didn’t make it any better. I’m slowly finding peace and time to play again. The sadness is there but I know my mum would like it.

1 Like

Liebe Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63

mein herzliches Beileid. Es war alles bestimmt nicht einfach. :pray:

Ich bin sicher, dass Du durch die Musik etwas Erleichterung bekommen kannst. Bei mir war das so mit meiner Querflöte – und jetzt finde ich die Blues Harp sogar besser dafür. Die Emotionen, die man durch Bending sehr fein ausdrücken kann, sind vielfätiger als mit der Flöte. Probier es mal aus und lass die sanfte, leise Töne Dein Herz beruhigen. :leaves: :notes: :crescent_moon:

Mit herzlichen Grüssen
– Slim :candle:

1 Like

Hi @AstridHandbikebee63. Welcome ‘back’. It’s nice to hear your hard-won skills did not atrophy. Please keep us up to date on your progress. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you very much and you know how I am currently @Slim.
That’s why I only play for a short time, but more often especially the songs that deal with feelings.
Time will tell, I haven’t had time to mourn the last few weeks.
Next week it is also planned that I will get my new handbike. Unfortunately, my old one broke last spring after 17 years and more than 60,000 km. Thanks to Corona, the new handbike was not available.
When I have it, I can train up again and go on tours. The whole thing will help me a lot and the harp can go anywhere.
I finally ordered a Hohner Special 20 C just now and added a key sticker from Seydel to it. Then I’ll (for now) have my repertoire together.

2 Likes

Hello @PineComb,
Thank you very much and I just have to laugh. Earlier I saw @Luke’s post where he turned green with envy… :grin: When I “hear” you guys talking shop like that, I think my part for my progress, but I can treat myself and learn a lot from you. I can treat and in return a lot that you may not be able to? A healthy self-confidence is everything, right? :smiley: My dad was such a great :saxophone: and clarinet player, I’m learning the harmonica for him alone. Unfortunately only now at an advanced age, so that I cannot catch up in 40 years. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @AstridHandbikebee63. That’s the great thing about this forum. All of us learn from each other, folks from all over the world. We’re glad to have you back playing again! :smiley:

3 Likes

I got a Seydel Low D as well recently. It’s a Seydel Session Steel though and not an 1847. I have that one and a D Harp but the regular D is a Johnson harmonica so I can’t really speak to how well I like playing D Harp.

I really enjoy the Low D for playing folk music and western songs. It just feels right playing it that way. With how much I’m enjoying the Low D Seydel I plan on getting a Seydel for regular D down the road. Happy harping!

5 Likes

Hey Maka - welcome to the forum here. Glad to have you. That’s impressive that you’re bending those notes way down there on the Low C. Keep up the great work!

Aloha,
Luke

2 Likes

The latter part got me mr. Poppo.

1 Like