Any input is appreciated.

[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.fordefi.com/recordings/lowrider.mp3[/mp3]

Oh, it’s in the key of A

Cool Beanz!!

Great opener to the following vid; and it’s in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NkgiFHEm0Y#
Low Rider with lyrics!!!

Keep on rockin, yo!!

Here’s a harptabs page pullout so we can all follow along with you, G-Man! Thanks!

All my friends know the Low Rider
The Low Rider is a little higher
Riff

-3 -3 -3 -3 -3 4 -4

-2 -3 4 -3 -2

-3 -3 -3 -3 -3 4 -4

-2 -3 4 -3 -2

b-2 b-2 b-2 b-2 b-2

b-2 b-2 b-2 b-2 b-2

b-2 -2…

Low Rider drives a little slower
Low Rider is a real goer
RIFF (as above)
Low Rider knows every street, yeah
Low Rider is the one to meet, yeah
RIFF
Low Rider dont use no gas now Low Rider dont drive too fast
RIFF
Take a little trip, take a little trip
take a little trip and see
Take a little trip, take a little trip
take a little trip with me
RIFF

on a C harp. Lee Oskar did the harp work
in this song when he was with the band “WAR”

OK, I got Lee’s harp (one of the millions), but I don’t got his bent note. At least not quite flat enough to be in tune. Man, that sounds weird, but true. I’m in tune the whole way through til I get THERE! I’m working on it. Of course, I’m not using the LO to play along, just a cheapo C harp, so a better harp might do me better.
OK, I tried it on my LO A harp, and I do much better. Can’t wait til I get a REAL C instrument. And a few others too.
Thanks for the play along, SPD!

BB

The tab I’m using came from harmonicast. It’s different so if you’re playing along this is what I’m using.

5 5 5 5 5 -5 6 4 5 -5 5 4 (2 times)

-3 -3 -3 -3 -3 (2 times)

3 -3 2

That may cure any problems your having.

Nicely done Greg!

very cool 8)

Still want to learn how to use that MP3 button :stuck_out_tongue:

Post some more stuff ;D

Harp On

Wow G-Man!

Just went to the dude’s site here:

http://harmonicast.com/

I clicked on the embedded player under his free lessons. Pretty cool!

Special Shout Out: JF!

Should hear how he plays your rendition of “Shenandoah” – For everybody else, that’s “Wayfaring Stranger!”

Man, I’m sorry! Well not really! It’s just that it never ceases to amaze me how many times and in different ways these tunes keep popping up in posts here everywhere! Mwuahahahaha!!

Rock on, yo!

By the way, Grego, you made my attempt at that bend really pale in comparison.
This is a great thread. I love WAR (not the shooting ones, but the talented musical ones) and Lee Oskars riffs with them.
Now lets do “All Day Music” and “Summer.”
Good job Greg! You got me working on it too now.

BB

I may be getting more credit than I deserve, because there are no bends in it the way I’m playing it. At least there are no intentional bends in it. Are you using an “A” harmonica?

Also I must admit I am unfamiliar with any War songs except lowrider. I’m going to look up those other ones you mentioned.

And thank you all for the kind words. Learning harmonica is fun, but it is a big investment in time so it is nice to have confirmation that progress is being made. ;D

After listening to the song on that youtube link I think I’m rushing it a little. I’ll record one again in the next few days and see if I get a little closer. Now I just have to find a band that wants to play lowrider and I’ll be ready for my first gig :wink: