Most likely some of you already know me

Cheers everyone,

My name is Eugene Ivanov, but you may know me under the nickname “Jim” on other forums and communities.

To sum it up:

• Pro harmonica customizer
  • Host of the annual Harp Summer festival
  • I own harperclub and a couple of social network groups.

This looks like a great forum, I hope I will be of good use here.

Welcome Jim! Always good to have another Pro in the group to turn to. I and several of the others are glad to get all the help we can get.

Hey! Speaking of harmonica customizing…we’ve been having a few threads on that recently! I see you’ve chipped in some…thank you for that and keep it up! The more opinions the better

Welcome, and thanks again!

–BT

In general, SMF forum engine looks pretty similar to phpbb3 I’m using on my forum (probably the mod/admin options differ, but that doesn’t bother me as a user anyway).

The only thing I’m missing here is a “show all unread posts” button. Am I probably looking in the wrong place?

Ah yes, a quick reply mod would be awesome too
Looks like SMF supports it, but it’s either disabled, or not implemented here: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=188.0

The link you are looking for is right below where it says"

Hey, jim
you have XX messages, X are new.
Show unread posts since your last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Right next to your profile pic at the top!

–BT

Thanks a lot, I’ve found it.

Although I’m no fan of these SMF boards either…

However, when you come in, and there are new posts, it will be indicated by a ‘new posting’ box next to the particular forum section; as well as indicated by new postings or unread postings next to the topic subject under those headings. Got all that? Good!

Enjoy!

Have fun!

Keep On Harpin’!

Yeah, that part is identical to other forum engines.

Great to have you hear jim! I recognize you from other forums on the web! Glad you will be here to help me on my way to becoming as good on harp as I am on other instruments! See you around the forum!