Newbie just purchased a Powerbender.

I’m a complete noob, just started on a C harp last week.

Well…I saw the Brendan Power Powerbender and immediately became intrigued! I figured that since I don’t know anything yet, I can learn and use that just as well as anything else. I have an extensive background in music theory so transposing and spelling chords and scales isn’t a problem for me…just the actual mechanics of playing a harmonica is a mystery so far lol…

Anyone own one that would like to give me their impression?

[quote=“rpavich, post:1, topic:3572”]
I’m a complete noob, just started on a C harp last week.

Well…I saw the Brendan Power Powerbender and immediately became intrigued! I figured that since I don’t know anything yet, I can learn and use that just as well as anything else. I have an extensive background in music theory so transposing and spelling chords and scales isn’t a problem for me…just the actual mechanics of playing a harmonica is a mystery so far lol…

Anyone own one that would like to give me their impression?
[/quote] I have one of these but If your just starting I wouldn’t recommend it. Start with a special 20 c harp because the power bender is laid out different than a normal harp. If you have the money the new xreed harps Brandon put out are better than his power bender. I think the xreed could represent the future of harmonica.

[quote=“paraguy1, post:2, topic:3572”]

Thanks for replying…I knew it was laid out different so I thought that learning this “different” pattern would be no different than learning any other pattern…as I don’t have any knowledge at this point to unlearn!

I’ll investigate the x-reed, thanks.

bob