Now Available: Special 20 Reed Plates

Hohner is finally selling replacement reeds for the 20! Rockin Rons Music 4 Less has them for $22.00. It doesn’t list shipping charges. I hate it when they do that. Usually means they are probably high. Save a little I guess. I just bought a new 20 harp for $28.99 with free shipping. If shipping for reeds is $6-7, might as well buy the whole harp!

Ron usually has free shipping charges if it’s in the US…

Just checked the hohnerusa.com pages…Seems they finally got on the Lee Oskar bandwagon; just wondering if they come with a 5 or 7 screw set ???

“Have Harp, Will Travel!”

I just recieved an email from Ron, and yes it is free shipping in the US. The reeds come with no screws. :-\

LO Replacement Reed Packs come with replacement screws; guess it’s more of the same old, same old and just another way for Hohner to say ‘Screw Off’ to its customers. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol amen SPD!

Thanks for notifying us HP!

–BT

According to Hohners site they do come with screws. Why the ones at Rons doesn’t I don’t know. Maybe he’s hoarding screws to be ready for “The great screw famine”. :smiley:
I ran across a site from England I think that had them and also reeds for Marine Band and Golden Melody. They were like $28 for the 20’s and I’m sure shipping wouldn’t be cheap.

I just looked through again:

HOHNER USA HARMONICA PARTS CONSUMER PRICE LIST

March 15, 2011

• All reed plates ship with screws or nails
    ** All cover plates ship with screws or nails, & supports
    *** All mouth pieces ship with screws, silencers
    **** All slides ship with flange, blank, spring & pin

Can never have enough screws…

Perhaps Ron has those ‘invisible’ screws that those 7 hole with 5 visible screwed Spec20s have… :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like reed plates are usually within 6 or 8 bucks of a whole harmonica, so for me I’d just buy the whole thing.