One month into it!

So, I was given a harmonica as a gift for christmas. It was the only thing I really wanted. One month later, I am still picking it up every day; actually, its during my hour commute to work each day when I get the most practice. I don’t encourage practicing while driving but it works for me. I pick something to learn and I use that time for memorizing and playing it over and over. Its really the only opportunity I have to practice without annoying the family. Anyway, I am having trouble with anything I try on holes 8, 9, and 10. I am trying different techniques but nothing seems to work. I try blowing harder, blowing softer, nothing makes a difference. What is the trick to getting a clear single note on the high end?

Wish I could help you, but I’m wanting to play also and wondered what model harmonica you have started with?

Cheers

It is a hohner special 20. I’m doing much better now. Bought another one so now I have two different keys. Never knew how difficult it would be to sound great.

Glad to know things are improving for you. It gives me hope! LOL.

I just watched a 4 year old bending notes on her harp on YouTube. Gee, not too sure that I could compete!

:slight_smile:

follow jp’s lessons and you’ll know the trick… bending was hard for me too… i tried for years with no results, then… even if it sound impossible, after learning the tricks, it was so easy!!!

i can bend very easily on 1 and 4 draw… 2 and 3 are still a little tricky…

try to yawn while playing 4 draw with big “O” shaped mouth and drop the jaw!