Orange micro terror stack / Shaker Mad Dog microphone / Zoom A1X FOUR!

Has anyone had any experience with the orange micro terror stack? I know orange makes good amps, just don’t have any experience with them…any advice would be appreciated.

4 Likes

They are supposed to be good, I got one of those Roland cube amps, 4 watts I think, for free. I had to take it apart, original speaker was blown and the guy put a 6 1/2 inch in it, instead of the original, 5ish? and cut out a big hole for the speaker port, so I have to rebuild it, but other than no bass (porting wrong) It kicks rearend for a tiny amp. I normally use a fender superchamp all tube, 12ax7 with 6v6 and a compressor.

1 Like

This is a stack…it has a head and a cabinet with 20 watts…you can get replacement tubes for the head…just wondering if anyone has tried thos particular set up…thanks for your input…

2 Likes

I had heard that Orange is good and expensive. I have a fender super champ, tube, 12ax7 and 6v6 a little trebly, but okay with a compressor. 25 watts, so maybe similar.

2 Likes

Checkout this guy he endorses orange amps for harps.

3 Likes

I appreciate the tip!

1 Like

I remember the micro terror (20w solid state power amp, tube in the preamp) got good reviews as a guitar amp when it came out and wasn’t very expensive, i did think about getting one, but the old “you’ve got an amp and you don’t need another” argument was too strong (and I love my Epiphone valve jr). Obviously, being a head, you can put it with whatever speaker caninet you want. By reputation Orange are more known for crunchy rock amps than clean tones.

1 Like

I like Orange. I do not have your exact setup. I have the Orange Crush 20RT solid state combo with 8 inch speaker. Orange makes nice stuff. Crush 20 and Micro Crush.

3 Likes

I now have a mini cube Roland given to me, I had to fix it, the guy incorrectly put in a 6 1/2 speaker instead of the 5 1/2 inch and had it ported all wrong. It’s Red Roland, for 4 watts at 8 ohm, into 5.5 inch driver, now 8 watts from 4 ohm 6.5 inch driver, ported correctly, algebra, my brain hurts.

2 Likes