Time to upgrade???

Hey what’s up!!! I’m kinda new to the harmonica. I’m about two-thirds of the way through JP’s lessons, I’ve been using a Blues Band so far, and I feel like I want to upgrade to a nicer harmonica. My question is… If I’m confident enough that I’m going to stick with the harmonica, should I go ahead and consider buying multiple keys? I’ve seen the grouping of keys G, A, C, D, and E with a case for sale and that seems like a pretty good deal. Any advice would be helpful… Thanks.

Travis

What brand/style are they?
I would advise Hohner Special 20 as your starting point for a decent low priced harp.
I have a set of 7, A,Bb,C,D,E,F I have used all but the E harp. I would leave the E harp till I needed it unless it just came with the set. My next will be a low F.

Hey Travis

I am at that stage too, and after reading recommendations and watching review videos, on this website and others, I came to the conclusion that if you want to experiment with a new key, why not try something rather different.

My first (and still only) harp is a Lee Oscar Major Diatonic C, and I think my next will be a Natural Minor Am key (or perhaps Cm or Gm). Why? Because it seems like the range of styles one can play with the Natural Minors fits what I should like to play, and the mentioned keys cover what I think I need.

In brief, it is an experiment. Take it step by step, harp by harp, key by key. And most of all: Have fun! :slight_smile: