what key harp is he playing

http://ironfiles.com/index.php/files/get/FEjMhII4xM/07-playing-with-the-blues.mp3

i was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me what key of harp sonny terry plays on this song.

it’s from an album called backwater blues

Not the Sharpist
The guitar is playing in the key of E. Sonny is playing an A harp in 2nd position.
Good luck it is a rather easy tune to play, have some fun with it!
Chromaddict

I wish I could do/figure that out ??? ???

How do you do that Chrome by ear…

Nice job

Harp On!!

Joe
A slew of Blues tunes are played in E, the guitar and bass can utillize open strings, and it is a good strong key for most vocalists. With that in mind I picked up an A harp and listened and played along with the short sample. I don’t have perfect pitch by any means, but over the years you develope an ear for the more popular keys, for me it is G A E and F. If you play some guitar (I do) it makes it easy to find any key major or minor. Even if you don’t play guitar, a set of harmonicas from G-F will get you pretty much anywhere especially if you can manage 1st and 3rd positions as well as the obligatory 2nd position. For blues tunes in minor keys I use the third position.
Chromaddict

The guitar is playing in the key of E. Sonny is playing an A harp in 2nd position. Good luck it is a rather easy tune to play, have some fun with it!

Very nice, C.A.! :wink:

Taking your brotherly advice, I picked up my Spec20 A, and found the tune both easy and fun to play along with! :slight_smile:

Thanks too for NTSH for posting it! ;D

Keep On Harpin’!

thanks CA. :wink: