What's your most beloved harmonica??

What’s the one harmonica you just can’t live without? For me, it’s my old Special 20 (key of A). I’ve had it since 2006 (and it was my second harmonica). I love it so much that I’ve been thinking about giving it a name. :smiley: It’s old, but it still plays great. I’ve tweaked this one quite a bit, and it’s very sensitive and responsive. I feel very confident playing this harmonica…I know it inside out. It has become a part of me. I always have it in my pocket wherever I travel.

So, what’s your favorite harmonica? The harmonica you can’t live without? :slight_smile:

Well I can’t live without all of them since I invested in them to begin with.

No particular one is the absolute top. But I do tend to favor my Cs, As, and Bbs. Be they in my Piedmonts, Spec20s, and even my Lee Oskars sets now. I do enjoy my Low F and Low C; not to mention another customized harp by David Payne too!

So well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Keep in touch with yourself!

Rock on, yo!

For me-Seydel Classic Key D Ben Bouman Beta 1
I use to have issues with high notes, now the D is my favorite!

I like my Lee Oskar Bb the best. I have special 20 in D, a Suzuki Bluesmaster in A, and a LO in C, but the LO Bb seems to play easier, and I like the tone of the Bb.

I want to get a Low D or Low F. Where did you buy yours? And what harmonica is it?

Me too. Bb is one of my favorite keys. It’s great for playing Sonny Terry stuff. I also love the Hering 1923 Vintage harp (key of G). It has a really good, raw sound. And it looks beautiful!

Well all i have is my Spec 20 in C. It plays great and i guess that is my most beloved harmonica. It’s even more special because it’s my first harmonica.

The first harmonica is always very special…no one forgets it. :slight_smile: Mine was a Lee Oskar in C. Still plays great! Lee Oskars seem to last forever.

[i]Ashish your getting too attached to your harmonica ;D You need a girlfriend!! LOL!!! :wink: :wink: just kidding I know what you mean ::slight_smile:

I’m really starting to get attached to my Bouman customized beta Manji key of G.

What beautiful chords she plays ;D

Sweet sounding harp love playing it.[/i]

Harp on!!

Hahahaha! You’re right.

I think of my harmonicas as my girlfriends…and so do you! :slight_smile: But that’s a good thing…it makes you play more often. :wink:

Just curious…do you talk to your harmonicas when you’re all alone? ::slight_smile:

I get angry at them ;D ;D ;D Mostly…But I really love them ;D ;D ur it!!

I’ve only been playing a couple years though ;D ;D

Harp On!!

Young love, first love… play that tune, anyone?

This song? Which version:

Tab Hunter- Young Love (Original)

Sonny James ( Young Love )

This version cut & pasted directly from Harptabs.com:

Song: Verse 1:

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
They say for every boy and girl

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
there’s just one love in this whole world,

5 -7-6 6-5 -66-5 6 5
and I know I found mine.

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
The heavenly touch of your embrace

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
tells me no one can take your place

-7-66-5 -66 -4 5-44
e v e r in my heart.

Chorus:

6 7 -8 7-7
Young love, first love,

7 -6 -7 -6 7 -6 6
filled with true devotion.

6 7 -8 7-7
Young love, our love,

-6 7 -6 -7 -4 5 -4 4
we share with deep emotion.

Verse 2:

5 5 5 5 5 5 5
Just one kiss from you sweet lips

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
will tell me that your love is real

5 -7-6 6-5 6-6 5 -4 5-44
and I can feel that its true.

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
We will vow to one another

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
there will never be another

-7-66-5 -66 -3 -3 4
love for you and for me.

Repeat Chorus

Great! Can you find just the backing track? I like the first one best.

Well, Ty-Man:

Seeing as how I wouldn’t even know where or how to begin on backing tracks et al –

Methinks though our big buddy JF and/or someone somewhere will be happy to assist you on this one if they can!

Keep your fingers crossed, eh?!

Rock on, yo!

For Christmas Songs I went to library and checked out some Christmas Instrumental Cds, brought the home and copied on my computer I got some instrumental Beatles songs too! They have lots of music there of all kinds.

I don’t know if this will help Tyson but try it.

http://www.vanbasco.com/en/search.html?q=young+love&resultsperpage=10

Harp On!!