Whiskers

Have read multiple times about whiskers getting caught and ripped off playing on the Lee Oskar diatonic harmonica … . Ironically, I’ve just had that happen with my Hohner Special 20. Ouch!! I’m going to need to take the top cover plate off to retrieve a couple whiskers.

Is this pretty common? On any harmonica?

3 Likes

Never had that problem?
Nita

3 Likes

I mainly use a Special 20 & I’ve not had any problems so far.

1 Like

I have had a mustache for most of my life but after having a tug on it from my Lee Oskar and then having a reed get stuck with a whisker on my Special 20, I decided I could do without my whiskers :joy:

Man’s gotta establish priorities :wink:

4 Likes

Never had this happen to me because I’m female, but I had my long hair get stuck between the cover plate screws on a Special 20 a couple times and it sorta hurt.

4 Likes

This made me think (rather unusual, I admit, but it actually did): I cannot recall ever seeing, or hearing about, any bearded ladies playing the harmonica … :crazy_face:

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Slim, Is there something that doesn’t exist, who knows :thinking:?

What I would be interested in is how chimpanzees would deal with the topic “whiskers” and “holding the harp”?

For those with a beard, I imagine it would be very painful to get stuck on a slide or a fast game. Something about hair removal with wax… :grimacing::anguished:

3 Likes

Beginner to Boss, Ideas from Life is a Highway Intro … the initial slide from 12 to 34567 … got me with an unpleasant surprise! :dizzy_face: If that is what waxing feels like, I don’t want to have anything to do with that. Lol. :face_with_peeking_eye:
Lol.

4 Likes

@burpsan, :rofl:, Well, the women say this and the men say this. :wink::smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had it happen a couple times on Lee Oskar’s over the last couple years. But generally I try to keep my mustache trimmed pretty short to avoid this.

There are certain brands and models of harmonicas for which this would never happen, such as the Hohner golden melody.

4 Likes