Women of Ireland

My favorite film director was the late Stanley Kubrick. His films include Dr. Strangelove, 2001:A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange and ten others. The film I refer to now is Barry Lyndon. In it was a beautiful piece of music called The Women of Ireland. It can be enjoyed on You Tube both from the soundtrack and by The Chieftains who Mr. Kubrick employed for the soundtrack.

I’m wondering if this piece has been translated to the solo harmonica in a form that can be played by a (soon to be) novice like I hope to become?

Though I’m not too bad at getting information I need, I thought I would ask if anyone here knows.

Thank you for any input. Also, if you’re not familliar with this piece I’m sure you will be glad after you give it a listen.

Best Wishes,

L.R.

Here’s the link for everybody, assuming it’s the right one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmANPPIi168#
The Chieftains - Women Of Ireland (Mná na h-Éireann)

Welcome, LR! The Chieftains are great! I’ve enjoyed their music for several years, but didn’t know they worked with Kubrick; neat bit of trivia. :slight_smile:

You nailed it FP. I’ve heard it so many times yet I had to hear it again just now, just because it was there. Thanks.

The movie was released about 37 years ago. I’ve been a Chieftains fan since then.

Kubrick used super fast lenses made for NASA to shoot interior scenes. Candle light scenes were lit ONLY with candle light.

The film is a work of art and the Chieftains music was an important part of the project.

L.R.

While reading through some older posts Harptabs.com came up. Guess what they had? Yup. I just now got it so I haven’t tried it yet but I can’t wait. That information alone has made this site valuable to me.

Be well, my friends. LR

I clicked on this thread, hoping there would be pictures. :wink: