A German melody played often at Christmas

:slightly_smiling_face: @HarpinBobbyMcB, that worked well! I think you can remember foreign songs better than you think.
It’s definitely easier for someone who can read music, clefs, etc., to play a new song. Everything that we simply lack in the tabs is displayed.

I thought of something earlier, but I don’t know if it helps yet:
If you record an original song in a music editing program, shouldn’t the BPM, measure and pitch be displayed?

@HarpinBobbyMcB, glad you used my tabs!
Did you also try @Slim’s tabs/notes? I haven’t gotten around to playing these yet.

Thanks to @Slim’s nudge, the now not so well known Christmas song is brought back into the world. I think that’s really nice! :pray:

3 Likes

Hi Bobby @HarpinBobbyMcB and Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63

I am really happy to see that my original recording has inspired both of you to make your own excellent recordings of this beautiful and simple song. You have both inspired me now, so I think that I will grab some pictures for background and upload my recording to my U-tube page – its not blues, but who cares? :wink:

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello @Slim, I love how we inspire each other! Especially with the lesser or forgotten songs, I think it’s important that they don’t fall completely into oblivion!
I got a very nice comment to “Mary went through the thorn forest” from an older woman on my channel. She knew him from her youth and thought it was nice to hear him again.

Blues is great, but you can also consider the other genres. :wink:

I wish you a nice second Advent!

3 Likes

Hi Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63

I agree with you completely. :point_left:

And for those who do not know how to find my U-tube video here is the link to it – enjoy and find peace in your heart. :yellow_heart: :v: :candle: :peace_symbol:

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I love your version @Slim. The Low F is nice :wink:

I was unable to unload the first version at the start of this thread, and so I chose to follow @AstridHandbikebee63 's tabs since I could follow along in the same key of C on her video.

I can definitely hear some differences in our versions but they both sound good to me :sunglasses::+1:

Thanks to both of you for encouraging me to try something new :clap:

3 Likes

Always a pleasure @HarpinBobbyMcB.

Listening to it, @Slim has a few more waves in it. I haven’t really compared it yet though. I also have a LF.
When I read Slim’s post from last year, I read F instead of LF. The quality sounds much better now on Youtube too.
My F Harp doesn’t sound good! Never used and I have to teach her the “flute tones” occasionally… :grin:

4 Likes