Accordion and Harmonica

It’s pretty hard to tell the difference.

3 Likes

My Granddaughter plays accordion, we play in a music club together. She also isn’t afraid to take them apart and fix them.

1 Like

Wow really. I am actually intimidated to do so. Hope you can share your performance sometime.

1 Like

I think a couple of recordings are on facebook, but just a phone far away. This time around I need to get my zoom recorder out, where ever I left it. If I remember right it records well. We just do, Traveling Wilburys type stuff, two guitars, a bass, drums, 3 vocalists and I play bass when bass player does her flute, Like Going up the Country and Heard it in a love song.

1 Like

Also, harps are simple, two screws for the outer and you can clean the plates without removing comb, usually the plates have maybe 4 screws depending on make, Very simple design, main thing is putting back together and check for gaps, usually none.

But been DIYing since a wee child, I still remember curious about ac/dc, not the band, the juice. And plugged in a little dc motor and tripped a circuit. 1965?

The hardest part is playing harmonica not on a harmonica song, but not stepping on any toes and creating something tasteful, like Tom Petty Yer So Bad song.

Thank you for your insight. I’ll try to find your performances. Do you go by the same username?

1 Like

Actually it isn’t recorded that well, tuesday night music club. I plan on recording some harmonica with my Tascam recorder, but I haven’t used it for a few years and need to re-familiarize myself with it, levels and all that. I have a Roland minicube I just fixed and want to see how it records harp stuff.

1 Like

It’s ok, I can use a little glimpse of your performance.

1 Like

Greenstamps is just a name I use for how I got my first harmonica in the 1960’s. If you go on facebook I think it is posted aeither under my name, pat kennedy or tuesday night music club, or Heritage Lake Flotilla.

I’m trying to find time to mess with recording myself. But right now I am learning some songs for the club, We have a flute player, so we have Down Under and Going up the Country to learn, but on those I will play bass as flute player normally plays bass guitar. Got a les paul I am trying to get familiar with and season ending yard work.

I have an older jvc digital video recorder, maybe I can do that, my tascam mk? DR-07MKII | OVERVIEW | TASCAM - United States

needs to be practiced with on recording. I need to record some stuff, I had fun last night with my key chain harmonica trying to do the Doolin/Dalton harmonica part from the Eagles, Desperado,

So be patient, winter projects are ahead. If you go to my FB page I’m not the wax dummy.

1 Like

I also have to come up with some sort of harmonica part for “If I had a Million Dollars” by Bare Naked Ladies. I saw a weird Al video with them doing the song with his Accordion.

1 Like

I guess I need too take a look on that. Thanks!!!

1 Like