All of my harmonicas so far

Very proud of this collection. Slowly replacing every harmonica model with Pro Harps. But it was very fun experimenting.

Pictured from top to bottom: Pro Harp in A, Blues Harp with custom 3D-printed comb in B, Special 20 in C, Marine Band in D, Pro Harp in E, Pro Harp in G.

Pro Harp in Bb & spare E Marine Band harmonica.

6 Likes

..and you should be . Very nice collection . You’ll need a bigger case before you know it

3 Likes

I’ve been doing the same. I started with a a couple of Suzuki Folk Master, then got a set of 7 Hohner Blues Band, then a set of 6 Suzuki Blues Master. Now have 6 Lee Oscar in A, Bb, C, D, F, G. I was happy with the Suzuki set until my wife bought me 2 Lee Oscar for Christmas. I found they were more responsive and easier to bend. Like you said, it’s been fun trying new brands. It’s addictive but can be expensive! I should have tried 1 Harmonica at a time for each of the brands Instead of upgrading whole sets at a time. I’ll have to stop trying new brands for a while!

3 Likes

Sweet deal, man. I was looking for a printer the other day. A Bambu (spelling may be wrong, and I am feeling lazy) enclosed printer, pretty close to set-it-and-forget-it. You still have to do all the leveling and print the little boat. It sounds like they have come a long way.

I’ve been playing for about a year, and I think I have 78 harps, mostly Hohner and Seydel. I really like the MS 532 blues, any Marine Band crossover, etc. I didn’t like the Seydel steel reeds at first; well, I didn’t like the Steel Sessions at first, but now they are really broken in and play like a dream. My favorite is the Seydel 1847 Silver man sooo buttery! The Seydel Soloists are fun, but they messed around and made the holes a lot bigger than on any of my other harmonicas, so they are challenging. For me at least, I really have to be conscious of the change to make adjustments.
I have a few Lee Oskar and one Suzuki Promaster. I play them when I haven’t played them in a while, and I randomly see them. I have customized some Special 20s and swapped out the cover plates and combs with Rocket parts. Man, and I know everyone here has a harmonica cemetery. RIP!

Harmonica has changed my life, and that’s a good thing. To me, harmonica has opened up a creative side in me that has been trying to find a way to express itself since forever. I have lots of hobbies; I find new ones daily lol, but not all of them stick around. Harmonica is here to stay; I found my people, my love, my sound, my absolute happy place, my Aztalan. It all started here; I can’t thank Luke and JP enough. You made my eyes sweat, thanks!

3 Likes

What if you still haven’t found the one you REALLY like? Shiiiit, harmonicas are way less expensive than surfboards and snowboards, Imma tell ya like this here, my wife 100% supports my harmonica addiction, but not the other hobbies.

3 Likes

@jasonnitz510 Stoked to be a contributor to your harmonica addiction! It’s so much cheaper collecting harmonicas than guitars!!!