Bluesify Your Melody

Hi,

I got a copy of Bluesify Your Melody with the purchase of the BTB program. There are several spots that have 2 lines of notes above the melody. Are those options to play or is there something else I’m missing?

Is it possible to see some lessons on the songs? I’m have a hard time with the syncopation when it not the tradition melody.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

Hi @Luke - do you happen to know the answer to this?

Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

Hey Kev - thanks for your patience (and persistence) waiting for my reply.

Those two lines are the same notes an octave apart. Since the harmonica has a 3 octave range, there is often 2 (or more) different registers in which we can play a melody.

So the top line is the high octave, and the bottom line is the low octave.

Regarding your question on being able to hear how the songs sound, you can download the accompanying audio on the same page where you downloaded the book.

Hope that helps!

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the answer. My ear isn’t trained yet do it was hard for my to notice the octave difference. Makes sense now that you said out loud.

I have all the songs and have listen to all of them and then a few that I want to learn several times. I was asking if maybe you were going to do some lessons on them. The engineer in me needs to see the yard stick and the clapping.

Cheers,
Kevin

3 Likes