Brass combs

8 years ago I started converting my stock Combs to RECESSED brass ones from Tom Halchak of Blue Moon Harmonicas.
These are lifetime, air tight, high quality instruments.
They increase the acoustic volume and give a Fuller tone. At $64.95 it may seem a little pricey, But in the long run I’ve gotten more than my money’s worth. I can’t recommend these highly enough. Just try one and I am sure that you will like it. If not Tom gives a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
I have Special 20 reedplates for the major keys and Suzuki manji for the minor keys.
I love Tom’s different cover plates because it makes it easy to grab the right key during a gig and they are smooth on the lips and
so easy to play.

4 Likes

Pretty sweet!

3 Likes

Steve I can’t agree more. I own Rockets (A, C and D) and bought a single brass comb recently. Apart from needing a portable crane to lift the sucker, I am thrilled with the result and plan on buying another two when I have the cash.

An open question to all - what do people use to mark the keys on replacement combs? Regular decals come off with ultrasonic cleaning.

Thanks

4 Likes

I use the harp belt for building upper body strength. :grin:
I don’t use an ultra sonic cleaner but I coat the letters with clear nail Polish and that seems to work.

5 Likes

GREAT idea Steve - I just don’t understand why wife didn’t suggest that. :grinning:

5 Likes

:rofl: Because wife only read it now… @robertchartrand2104. :smiley:

4 Likes