Breakthrough Blues Blooper

Well i’ve nearly finished JP’s breakthrough Blues course. I’d recommend it to anyone looking for something to follow on from Luke’s course but there is a huger blooper in if that had me totally floored. In Module 13 the second lesson is entitled ‘4 draw wailer on A harp’ but the two work out videos that follow it are for a new technique called the Head Shake and i’m like “what the heck, am i missing the video thaf explains the headshake technique” well, yes and no. The introduction to headshskes is actually in the next module (module 14 bonus videos). Somewhere along the line these lessons got completely posted out of order. One thing that JPs course lacks compared to lukes is an active comment section after each lesson. If there was a comment section this would have been flagged a long time ago and I wouldnt have got so confused, but for anyone still working through the course you now know what to do. Head shake lesson 1 is in module 14 and headshake workouts 1 & 2 are in module 13.

4 Likes

I personally never use the head shake I have a neck injury that will probably never go away, so it gives me severe headache. So I let the harp and hands do all the work

3 Likes

@Andy2

Head shake is overrated!

2 Likes

Yeah my comment really wasn’t about the pros and cons of head shakes but the fact that the lesson order for headshakes is all messed up in the course.

2 Likes

But really you don’t have to use it the hand control gives you a better trill and whatever, it really is personal choice. But as BB King said to Billy Gibbons when he realized what gauge strings the rev was using “why make it harder on yourself”

2 Likes

Er yes ok. But again, for anyone who does want to follow the lessons be aware they are out of order. I have no opinion one way or another on the value of headshakes because that wasn’t really the point of the post. Think we’ve exhausted this topic now :grin:

2 Likes