Breakthrough blues

Hey guys. I’m hoping someone can tell what key harps are required for the breakthrough blues course and which harps in particular may help protect my fragile little ego through the course. I like high quality harps. All advice great fully appreciated. :grin:

1 Like

Good question

2 Likes

You start off with the key of C. Later in the course you use harmonicas in the key of D and A.

I used Hohner Special 20s when I went through the course. I haven’t been practicing much lately, so I’ll probably go back through as a refresher.

5 Likes

Hey @bcorbitt82 Thank you so much. I’m glad I’m finally working out how to use the forum. It’s great the way that our courses are forever here for us. The harp is such a patient little instrument that will wait for us long as it takes. Sounds like you are getting impatient for it. I’m very happy for you. Thanks again for the information my friend :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks
Appreciated

4 Likes

And just to clarify, you don’t hit those other 2 keys until sometime in the second half of the course, so you can get started with just a C harmonica.

5 Likes

I just looked in my case @bcorbitt82 , looking for an excuse to by new harps. Oh, I know. I can upgrade the D. Cool. I’m not exactly short on harps, but I greatly appreciate your advice, you have no idea how much. When are you going to get back into your harps? Take care :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for asking this question. I was wondering the same thing and it’s time to move on from just playing the C. Beginner here but wanting to take the Breakthrough Blues Class after completing Luke’s B to B.

2 Likes