Deliberative practice

Hey, Luke (or anyone else,
I’m committed to B to B, but I have a question. I’ve read “Talent is Overrated”, and discovered 5 basic elements to Deliberative Practice: it’s designed specifically to improve performance; it can be repeated a lot; feedback is continuously available; it’s highly demanding mentally; it’s not much fun.

So how does B to B incorporate these elements? (especially it’s not much fun LOL)

2 Likes

Dear PineComb,
Your elements seem excellent. The only reason I raised the question about deliberative practice is that the come-on to sign up for BtoB said they were based on deliberative practice, and referred to the book “Talent is Overrated”. Some of the things the author says in the book were discouraging, like DP is not fun, and that it takes 10 years of this kind of practice (and 10,000 hours of DP) to get really good at a skill. At age 70 this doesn’t seem possible for me. As a newbie, I’m not sure I can identify the specific chunks of skills I need to acquire, and in what order. So, I’d like to know how DP is built into BtoB.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @pastorbk. I’ve deleted my posts so I don’t gum up the works!

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Best Regards,
Pine

1 Like

Hi @pastorbk

To me, its all about being as good as you can be and the journey along the way. I started at 64, 12 months ago’ I now play in jam sessions with my muso mates that say i have improved out of sight. My wife and family say i’m much better and the dog doesn’t howl as much :crazy_face:

We probably wont have another 15 to 20 years to improve but there’s not much you or i can do about that now. I can only speak for my own experience and that is, i’ve been frustrated at times but when i look back and see how far i’ve come i know i’m growing and that can’t be a bad thing. Jump on board and don’t beat yourself up!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement!
pastorbk

3 Likes