East top harp

Lucky 13’s are made by East Top, they have 3 extra low note holes. I have 2, I like them, no funny taste.

3 Likes

Besides the Lee Oskar name engraved on the Tombo harmonica, Lee Oskar has nothing to do with the design, manufacturing process, or anything else in creating the harmonica.
Lee Oskar did not contract Tombo to build Harmonicas.
Tomobo had made and designed all the harmonica by themselves. They contracted Lee Oskar only to add his name to the instrument as a publicity stunt.
In fact, the most-selling Tombo harmonica, the Tombo MajorBoy which is the exact so-called Lee Oskar’s major diatonic was launched for sale 3 years before Tombo had started their relationship with Lee Oskar.
Since Lee Oskar is not well-known in Japan, Tombo sells their harmonicas in Japan, without the Lee Oskar brand and that is why in Japan, you can get the instruments much cheaper. The Tombo with the Lee Oskar brand are only for export.

3 Likes

Funny I just played one of the Mick Jagger signature Lee Oskars, and it plays/sounds different than a regular Lee Oskar. I heard someone say the MajorBoys are slightly different as well?

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve recently bought a couple of these to use for the course and yes they definitely have an unpleasant taste. Mouthwash certainly helps, but only for awhile. The other thing was that when I started playing 2 to 3 draws/slides the rough corners of the top and bottom hurt my lips.

2 Likes

Good stuff @timgreig.1 WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Great to have you here. It sounds like you might enjoy upgrading to a Lee Oskar or Special 20. Christmas is just around the corner… :wink:

2 Likes

Dangerous thoughts :rofl:

3 Likes

You were probably tasting the painted covers, Not any metal. Painted covers are gross and should be avoided…at all costs, inexpensive or otherwise.

4 Likes