Easttop harp reviews ? Anyone

Would love to hear what anyone thinks about Easttop. I am very new to playing and just curious bc they seem like a good buy and some ppl have spoken of them very positively on YouTube.

2 Likes

East top are decent harps for the price

2 Likes

Hey John - I’ve never played Easttop. Sorry can’t help ya! If you get one, keep us posted how you like it.

Aloha,
Luke

1 Like

Well I got a Bb, and I love it. It’s got a nice beefy weight to it . Plays super easy, single and cords. The tone is really bluesy. I’m a new player and don’t have any experience w another Bb. It looks super cool. Red comb, w Bb key marked on the side and the front. Black face plates w gold inscription.

5 Likes

Wow. It sounds sexy. Bb is one of my favorite keys to play. I love those lower keys.

It’d be cool if you could post a photo over here.

Aloha,
Luke

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m digging mine!

I’m a newbie so I don’t have much to compare it to but so far, so good!

Mine is a Easttop 008K Blues Harmonica in C. They have two colors, mine is blue and I just bought one for my sister in black.

Sound is good, I’m able to isolate notes pretty well and getting there on the bends…

I love the look and the case which zips up can either be put on belt or also seems to work well on finger, not sure if that’s on purpose but it works when Im not wearing a belt. Does anyone know if this is the purpose?

Seems to me @Luke that you may be able to make a deal with them and sell them here as well. They run about $25 from what I can find. From what I’ve seen so far most people are happy, though I’m thinking some of videos I’ve seen are paid promos. Seems like a good price point between the less expensive and more costly harps.

Rock on!

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for sharing man! Nice pics! It’s on my to-do list to check these out…

2 Likes

Easttop also manufactures Lucky 13 for Brenden Powers. My C harmonica is a Lucky 13. I really like it although I seldom use the lower 6 notes

2 Likes

That’s funny – just shows how the saying “different strokes for different folks” is so true: the only reason I bought my Lucky 13s was to be able to play the lower notes. I seldom use the higher end! :sweat_smile:

Regards,
– Slim

3 Likes

Try Summertime blow 8 etc available on Songs or Yellow Submarine which begin on draw 8 etc

2 Likes

Oh cool! I’m planning on getting a Lucky 13 soon!

Aloha,
Luke

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking my first Lucky 13 will be a standard tuning F harp because every time I play a song in C, the F harp is too high and the LF is too low! LOL.

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like

Just to add to the thread.
I bought an East top T002, in A, and 4 Hohner Harps, plus 5 others!
The 002 was a favourite from the start, but the others (apart from the unmentionables!), were in C, so I thought maybe I just like the key.
Tonight, I’ve just finished playing both the East top and the Marine Band, in A, until I got sore lips. Swapping hands actually, so as to play them one phrase after another.
I have to say, I prefer the tone, and playing, of the East top! I like the shape and the larger holes, for playing, it’s slightly easier to isolate notes, but the tone seems more full on the East top, and it’s definitely louder.
So that’s my review of the only East top I own, but I have a few more T002 harps on the way, so I’ll update my review later.
That’s my review.

1 Like