Effects Pedal

What is a good effects pedal?

2 Likes

What do you want to do with it, and how much money do you have to try to do it?
Coming at from a novice harmonica player but plenty of years on guitar I’ve learnt those are a good starting point to figure out what might be worth a try.
Things I’ve seen recommended a lot are getting a pre-amp (there’s harmonica specific ones available, especially as guitar amps aren’t necessary giving the right response to make a harp sound it’s best) and.if.your amp doesn’t have any reverb that might be something to look at getting.

3 Likes

Thx for reply. I’m using a HarpGear tube amp w/o effects and either a Shaker mic or a Green Bullit, though I prefer the Shaker due its small size. As far as what I want….I want to play around with the sound of my harp. I’ve looked into Lone Wolf pedals only. Thought I’d throw out the question to see what others think and use.

2 Likes

Ah cool, that ads a bit of context.
I asked a similar question a while ago, someone suggested an auto-wah as something to try. A delay pedal can be a lot of fun.
There’s lone wolf harmonica specific pedals, but there’s plenty of guitar pedals would do the job, especially if you’re just playing around you can pick something up on ebay and if you don’t like it stick it back up.
There’s a million and one overdrive guitar pedals if you want to add some gain to to the sound without driving the amp harder.
I’ve not got a mic yet to try through my amp (gonning to concentrate on actually being able to play a bit first) but I intend to try my guitar pedals and see what works and what doesn’t over time.

4 Likes

Yep, @mkarp1947 I agree with @Piglet:
Delay / Echo
Octave Pedal
Auto-Wah
Chorus
are all pedals that are often used on harmonica. Here’s me whetting some adventurous soul’s appetite for what you might do on harmonica with a Whammy pedal:

4 Likes

Hey Luke great info re the pedal. Thank as no you

3 Likes