Exercises for (relative) beginners

Hello @Slim, :+1: for your work. That turned out really well. I think the idea of playing with a Bb harp is very good.
I like playing with a bb. It sounds good to me, but is often ignored.
Astrid te desea un buen momento :woman_in_lotus_position::wink:

1 Like

Dank Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63

Wir laufen in etwa 30 Min zum Bahnhof. Dann mit dem Zug nach FRAPORT und in den Flieger !! :partying_face:

Ciao
โ€“ Slim :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the new exercises @Slim
I look forward to working through these shortly :grin:

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Thanks, @MikeyJay ! I really hope that they prove to be a worthy addition to your blues sessions. :musical_note:

Regards,

4 Likes

Sweet sounding stuff @Slim. These are great riffs for everyone to learn, memorize, and work into your next solo!

I was gonna say โ€œitโ€™d be great to have the jump-to timestamps for each riffโ€ and then I saw youโ€™d already put that in the description!

Riff #1 is at 44 sec
Riff #2 is at 1 min 25 sec
Riff #3 is at 2 min 1 sec
Riff #4 is at 2 min 53 sec

Iโ€™m gonna make another post about this so people can find it more easily. :+1:t3: Great work! :raised_hands:t3: Thanks for sharing. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you, Luke @Luke for the praise (of course) but even more for running this forum for all of us! :point_left: :clap:

Regards,

3 Likes

PineComb any chance you could post a gp tab? Would love to see an example. Love the new sync audio clip capability.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello, fellow harpisti !

I have published another video in the series โ€œBlues Harp Exercisesโ€ โ€“ this one being a bit more advanced in terms of the bends used and some of the rhythmic elements. It gives you five riffs that again all have a โ€œblues feelingโ€ to them. :musical_note:

Here is the link to this video.

Regards,

3 Likes

Great riffs @Slim! Thanks for sharing these. Iโ€™m FEELINโ€™ it. :sunglasses::notes:

2 Likes

You are very welcome, Luke @Luke ! I hope to have some more in the not so distant future.

Regards,

2 Likes

@PineComb any chance posting a GP tab example?
Thanks

@PineComb I finally found your example, but not till after I gave up and set out on my own GP quest. Glad I did cause it easily allows me to duplicate harmonica tabs quicker and can play the harmonica sounding part along with other instruments without dealing with text or lyric entry and sync.

2 Likes

I guess I missed the post about โ€œGPโ€ and canโ€™t figure out what it stands for. I would appreciate it if you would reply to me.
God Bless!

2 Likes

Hi @Poppo

I think that GP refers to a computer program called โ€œGuitar Proโ€ that forum member @PineComb mentioned. I donโ€™t know any more about it so you need to ask him.

Regards,

2 Likes

Hello @Slim, hello @Poppo, I agree. Know and need it but not.
Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Hello @Slim, @Poppo, @AstridHandbikebee63 . Itโ€™s a program to write sheet music for guitar. It also has midi and sound library capabilities that can play back or loop any written music with multiple parts (guitar, drums, piano, harp). I use it to practice difficult section timing playing at various speeds in a loop. It also can import sound files and sync them with your score. I just made a template for harp that allows me an easy way to score a harp part, hear it, and play it at any speed.

And with a button click change display

Or combine guitar part.

2 Likes

Hello fellow harp players,

Because of some serious medical issues that I have suddenly developed I will possibly be absent from active forum participation for variable periods of time. :worried: If everything goes well, these times will be relatively short. At least I will most probably still be able to read and follow activities on the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

This circumstance has unfortunately interrupted my work on a new video for forum members (and harp players in general), so I hope that the existing videos on my modest channel will at least be of assistance to beginners approaching the blues, or those interested in just general blues harp playing:

Stay safe, healthy and motivated to improving your blues harp skills! You are an inspiring community. :100: :orange_heart:

Best regards,

4 Likes

Hello @Slim,
thank you for informing us accordingly.
My thoughts, best wishes for a speedy recovery and I promise, every good note on my harps is dedicated to you!
I wish you a lot of strength for the coming time and get fit again quickly!

I can highly recommend your YouTube channel to all users, especially beginners!
The tips and exercises have always helped me a lot.

Astrid sends you warm greetings :woman_in_lotus_position:!

3 Likes

@Slim sorry to hear of your health problems hope you get better soon.

3 Likes

Hey @Slim sorry to hear of your health challenges. I pray that everything goes well, and that you are fully healthy speedily! :pray:t3:

2 Likes