Exercises for (relative) beginners

Hello @Slim, :+1: for your work. That turned out really well. I think the idea of playing with a Bb harp is very good.
I like playing with a bb. It sounds good to me, but is often ignored.
Astrid te desea un buen momento :woman_in_lotus_position::wink:

1 Like

Dank Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63

Wir laufen in etwa 30 Min zum Bahnhof. Dann mit dem Zug nach FRAPORT und in den Flieger !! :partying_face:

Ciao
– Slim :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the new exercises @Slim
I look forward to working through these shortly :grin:

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Thanks, @MikeyJay ! I really hope that they prove to be a worthy addition to your blues sessions. :musical_note:

Regards,

4 Likes

Sweet sounding stuff @Slim. These are great riffs for everyone to learn, memorize, and work into your next solo!

I was gonna say β€œit’d be great to have the jump-to timestamps for each riff” and then I saw you’d already put that in the description!

Riff #1 is at 44 sec
Riff #2 is at 1 min 25 sec
Riff #3 is at 2 min 1 sec
Riff #4 is at 2 min 53 sec

I’m gonna make another post about this so people can find it more easily. :+1:t3: Great work! :raised_hands:t3: Thanks for sharing. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you, Luke @Luke for the praise (of course) but even more for running this forum for all of us! :point_left: :clap:

Regards,

3 Likes

PineComb any chance you could post a gp tab? Would love to see an example. Love the new sync audio clip capability.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello, fellow harpisti !

I have published another video in the series β€œBlues Harp Exercises” – this one being a bit more advanced in terms of the bends used and some of the rhythmic elements. It gives you five riffs that again all have a β€œblues feeling” to them. :musical_note:

Here is the link to this video.

Regards,

3 Likes

Great riffs @Slim! Thanks for sharing these. I’m FEELIN’ it. :sunglasses::notes:

2 Likes

You are very welcome, Luke @Luke ! I hope to have some more in the not so distant future.

Regards,

2 Likes

@PineComb any chance posting a GP tab example?
Thanks

@PineComb I finally found your example, but not till after I gave up and set out on my own GP quest. Glad I did cause it easily allows me to duplicate harmonica tabs quicker and can play the harmonica sounding part along with other instruments without dealing with text or lyric entry and sync.