Golden melody

Hey all - hope you are doing well.
I have a little problem.
After extensive practice of Billy Joel’s “piano man”, it is fitting that I have been asked to perform it at a gig in may (I sing small pub gigs and some weddings etc). It feels like the perfect opportunity to play the harmonica live for the first time!
My issue is, I want to sing the song in A major However, I cannot seem to get a Golden Melody in England in that key. They are all out of stock, with some stores saying discontinued.
It’s a long shot but does anyone in the US, know if they are readily available there, and signpost me to a website please? Or if anyone would be willing to send one over to England for me? Obviously I would transfer money (PayPal) first. The original song is beyond my vocal range to be honest. I can sing it in bflat, but when I try to play in between, I’m struggling to hit the notes on the vocal. So would like to be comfortable to enjoy both singing and playing in a lower key.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Dan

2 Likes

Hello @daniel.annable2,
I just googled the Golden Melody A, also Amazon. Apparently it’s completely out of the program, only leftovers in other keys?
I recently read that there is supposed to be a new model of the Golden Melody. But I don’t know exactly.

You will probably have to switch to a different model? I like to use the Seydel 1847 Lightning for the key of A.
But everyone has their preferences.

Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Sorry to tell you this, but the original Golden Melodies are out of stock to make way for the new model releasing this month. You might have to scower Reverb or Ebay if you want to get your hands on one. Just as a pro tip, don’t use Harmonicaland. They overcharged their GMs because of this.

2 Likes

Hi Daniel,
the Golden melodies indeed are being replaced by newer models. Nevertheless I bought a GM A about three months ago at: Thomann. de Check out on their website if they still have a unit available.
Good luck hans

2 Likes

@schmidhanse I bought a mint condition pre-progressive Golden Melody not too long ago and it sounds amazing. Chords sound unique and bottom heavy, and it bends notes really well.

2 Likes

Hello @schmidhanse,
unfortunately, Thomann no longer has a Golden Melody in the key of A. Watched this morning.

Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Thank you all. I suppose I will wait for the new model to arrive.
Hopefully it is as comfortable to play for me :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hello @daniel.annable2,
the new Hohner Golden Melody Progressive will be presented on February 23, 2023. Just look at “Hohner Music” on YouTube. :wink:

2 Likes