Harmonica Overblow

Can anyone show how to Bend and Overblow on harmonica?

How Each sounds?

Hi @Clock,

The best and quickest way to learn draw and blow bends is by using the various videos that @Luke has produced and signing up for one of the courses offered by him. BTW, I am not affiliated in any way or get any profit or advantage from such an endorsement – it is simply fact: no one can tell you via a written message :writing_hand: the way to do these bends and expect it to be much of a success, but the videos and courses show you in a methodical manner and with acoustic examples. And that is most likely the optimal way to learn. :point_left:

As for overblowing: I would strongly advise you to forget it until you have mastered draw bends and blow bends in the parts of the harp where they are possible to be done. The reason: even some well-known professionals admit that they cannot (or only poorly) overblow (Ronnie Shellist comes to mind…). :musical_note:

So take it slowly and methodically. :face_with_monocle: There is no shortcut to learn difficult techniques.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hey @Clock - I agree with @Slim to not worry about overblows until after you have mastered draw bends and blow bends. You can check out my video on how to bend here.

Blow bends are the same kind of mouth movements as draw bends.

Hope that helps!

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes