Harmonicas with more holes

I think it would be a good idea to make harmonicas for all tunings with 11, 12, 13 and fourteen holes; more notes more fun.

2 Likes

Hi Noteguy,

I think you might be cery interested in the Lucky 13 diatonic harmonicas that the great harpist/innovator Brendan Power developed and sells. These harps have 13 holes and cover four octaves: the lower three holes are a bass octave similar to your usual holes 1, 2 and 3 in a ten hole harp. These are available in a variety of keys and various tunings. I have several of them and really have fun playing them. Check them out! :sunglasses:

Regards,

– Slim

3 Likes

I was just about to tell you about Brendan Power’s Lucky 13’s and then I saw that @Slim beat me to it! You’re good, @Slim, you’re good !!!

Check 'em out @noteguy:

https://brendan-power.com/lucky13.php

Hey @Slim I’m jealous that you have some. I’m so excited to check these out!

1 Like

Hi Luke,

My Lucky 13 models are some of the originally released versions. They are lots of fun, but I hear that the newest versions are much improved – I should have waited, I guess. On one model the reed response of one of the low octave notes was so bad that I went to work on it – and broke it !! :woozy_face: :dizzy_face: My bad!

Some day I will look into buying new reed plates for it, but for now I can get by with the remaining Lucky 13 models that I have.

Regards,

– Slim

2 Likes

hohner fait aussi des 12 trous mais j’avoue que le lucky13 me tente beaucoup

1 Like

Yeah, the F harmonica always sounds a bit to high and and squeaky to me, but the Low F is to low and doesn’t cut through a loud band, so I’m thinking the first Lucky 13 I’ll try is key of F. I’ll keep you posted when I finally buy one!

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like