Help needed with 1959 instrumental

Hello Everyone

Can anyone help me with the tabs from this 1959 TV commercial theme? Many thanks! Andrew 1959 Strand cigarettes - Lonely Man - YouTube

2 Likes

I can’t help you with tabs, but I did find the song. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @eastcheamsid,
https://www.harptabs.com/song.php?ID=21545.

I only found the tabs for the chromatic harp.

Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Hi @eastcheamsid

Thanks to Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63 for the chromatic tabs! In case you do not play or own a chromatic harmonica, here are the tabs for a C diatonic harp with standard Richter tuning:

-6   -9   +8   -9

-6   -9   +8   -9

-6   -9   +8   -10

-9   +8   -9   -6

-6'  -7   -6'  -8

-6   +8'  -8   +7  -8

-5   -6   -7   +5

The only difficult note is in line 6: the +8’ which is an 8 blow with a bend. Fortunately, this is probably the easiest blow bend to play on the diatonic harmonica.

The melody can also be played an octave lower on the same harp, but is is significantly more difficult (involving the 3 draw triple bend (-3*), the 3 draw double bend (-3"), the 2 draw double bend (-2") and the most difficult 4 blow overbend (+4o) :exploding_head:):

-3"  -5   +5  -5

-3"  -5   +5  -5

-3"  -5   +5  -6

-5   +5   -5  -3"

-3*  -3   -3* -4

-3*  +4o  -4  +4  -4

-2"  -3*  -3  +2

Have fun with this interesting melody.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good team @Slim :clap:. I was hoping this morning that you or others on the forum would quickly jot down my tabs for diatonic Harp.

2 Likes

You are right, Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63 : teamwork! Two :brain: are (usually) better than one :brain: ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

2 Likes