How Harmonica Can Make Your Life Happier

600x400

This is me and one of my best friends, Reggie Griffin, doing one of my favorite things…JAMMING! :point_up_2:t3:

I grew up in America. The message ingrained in me was typical “me, myself, and I” kind of stuff. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps. Be a self-made man.

But the longer I live, the more I realize that there is no real fulfillment in life outside a meaningful connection to community . Being alone is…. Well… LONELY!

In fact, one of the things I love most about music is getting to play it with other people. Few things in life bring me as much joy.

Another thing I love about music is its ability to unite people of all colors, religions, political persuasions, and socioeconomic backgrounds. It’s truly unparalleled in its ability to unite people.

Want more joy? Refuse to be a loner! You can increase your joy playing harmonica by finding people to share the journey with. Here are some ideas:

1. Join a forum - Well you’re here, so looks like you’ve already done that! :grin: I’m constantly learning new things, sharing triumphs and struggles, and having fun hanging out with my fellow harmonica nerds here.
  2. Find a friend to join you on the harmonica journey - Tell a friend, co-worker, or neighbor about the harmonica. Encourage them to start. Teaching someone else what you know will help ingrain it much more deeply for you.
  3. Find a jam buddy! - Find somebody who plays guitar, piano, ukulele, banjo, or mandolin and get together and jam! If you don’t know anybody who plays an instrument, put up an ad on Craigslist, Facebook, or a bulletin board in town. Everybody needs a jam buddy.
8 Likes

Hi @Luke, I thought at first it was a video for you guys to hear. Too bad :pensive:, but the photo is :sunglasses: cool.

5 Likes

Life is full of surprises but playing the harmonica is one of the most enjoyable things I have ever experienced. Thanks to Luke and all of the wonderful talented teachers who share the joy!

5 Likes

It’s not always easy to find a musicien who thinks that harmonica is a real instrument…

3 Likes

I hear that, it’s a toy to most people until they realize how challenging it is to make it sound good.

4 Likes

… until they try playing it well themselves! :point_left:

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Slim @bubby.graves
:grin: wise words !

4 Likes